Sign in to follow this  
contractpilot

KOAK Oakland Int'l Airport

I noticed this released this morning. Interested if anyone has tried it out yet. The price is not bad for what appears to be a better than default airport with some nicely added details. Don't get me wrong, any enhancement to a default airport is a plus to me. It's a large download, 1.1gb. That's close to high end scenery size. From looking at the initial pictures, the grass is very green for the area, probably photo real texture. I would definitely be turning that off so Orbx would mesh better. I do like the buildings and hanagers.

Wasn't there another KOAK in works? 

Anyways, looking forward to the reviews. 😀

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Neither their webpage nor their Support email work at this time.  Seeing as how we just had in this forum another addon recently released that went... well, less than smooth  :sad: ... I'll be waiting before buying this one.  Hope it's good... would very much like a nice KOAK.

Greg

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I purchased it last night.  It's not bad, but there are a couple of issues.  It comes with static jetways, but it also comes with a GSX ini file.  The big issue is trying to get it to work with FTX NoCal.  There airport is there, but all the taxiway and parking lines are missing.  There is some conflict with the FTX files.

So this is another misfire?  I currently have something from Photo-Real that is a basic ADE based design.  Lot's of cargo goes through KOAK.  Hope this works out.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am pondering about this, too. The default KOAK isn't that exciting. 

The first things ORBX suggests in such cases are (i) use the Vector AEC tool, as Paul mentions, (ii) search for all files containg "KOAK" in the several ORBX NCA directories and rename them from .bgl to .bgl.off (usally there are three of them).

If this doesn't help, one could ask in the ORBX compatibility forum for NCA.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

All - yes, I've tried the AEC in vector.  It didn't work.  There were three conflicting files in the NCA scenery folder for KOAK which I renamed to off - this corrected some issues, but not the taxi lines.  There is something in the CVX folder that is causing the conflict - could be one of the wetlands files - haven't had time to verify yet.  The developer noted in the manual that the scenery is not compatible with FTX NCA.  Too bad because it's nicely done.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, pads103 said:

The developer noted in the manual that the scenery is not compatible with FTX NCA.  Too bad because it's nicely done.

Thanks for the hint. This will exclude 80% of the potential users. Hard to understand such design decisions.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, pads103 said:

The developer noted in the manual that the scenery is not compatible with FTX NCA.  Too bad because it's nicely done.

pads103

Have you tried it with FTX NCA disabled.  I know if compromises the level of scenery detail.  I'm curious as to whether it solved your problems taxi lines?

Paul K   KGYR

Well...I was able to isolate the file...it's the SF Water file in the CVX folder.  Without that file, the bay becomes a desert.  Oh well, guess we'll have to live without taxi lines

Completely agree Michael. I would love to have another SWA destination.

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Thanks for the hint. This will exclude 80% of the potential users. Hard to understand such design decisions.

Kind regards, Michael

Yeah seems questionable to to design an airport in that area without NCA compatibility in mind, oh well.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU