Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

DX Issue FSX\Gold

9 minutes ago, Jethro said:

Another thing which can screwup DirextX in FSX, is when an installer places a file in your root FSX installation called "dxgi.dll", you might search for this file in your FSX root installation Folder, Create a folder in the FSX installation called DXGI-OUT and move/cut/paste it into that folder.

Yes indeed. This was mentioned along with first reinstalling the second disk. It can also be a problem of not having run FSX to obtain proper in-sim settings before installing some addons.

Addons cause the situations like this with these sims. Win10 is already kitted out to run FSX without installing DX components so installers don't find much to do. Reboot the PC before attempting the reinstall.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

charliearon: Thanks for your reply, I do not have sweetfx

Jethro,have found dxgi.dll in my C:\Windows\sysWOW64

...And i have found dx folder in DISC2 and copied it to desktop.

Await instructions.

berlopez

3 hours ago, Berlopez said:

have found dxgi.dll in my C:\Windows\sysWOW64

Hi Berlopez,
Please don't remove anything from C:\Windows\sysWOW64  that  dxgi.dll  actually belongs in there, I only wanted you to confirm if dxgi.dll was present in your FSX installation root folder, if it was, then there was instruction to place it in a folder within FSX installation for safety, named DXGI_OUT.

I will await what others might say on the rest, perhaps they may have instructions.

So when I got you to check the DX10 operation there was no box. You don't fix that by messing around in Win10.

What that did was show me that your second disk was perhaps not installed correctly or that you subsequently installed something that messed up your install or just works incorrectly.

It's not a DX issue that can be resolved by installing any DX components. Win10 is already fully kitted out for FSX. The FSX Gold installation disks incorporate any necessary items to run FSX properly when you install it.

If you already installed addons before checking through the simulator then that could be an issue.

First can you be sure the second disk is reinstalled again because that can go wrong in a few ways.

Or something else may be operating incorrectly. Can you go to a folder and rename a file to check for problems:

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

Can you rename that to dll.xml.saved (something like that) That ensures nothing in there is affecting things.

Then start FSX and have a look choose a stock plane like a baron.

fps tests are almost useless because they don't transfer easily into anyone else's system. Each system is unique.

I use an fps independent performance test because fps continues (the main process), up to a point, irrespective of the background throughput (the paralleled process).

SteveW, All I have done is to attempt to install an addon plane which I simply like very much, Manfred's Connies. Upon starting with the Starliner (L1649A)It showed it's usual 2D panel, no window frames Left/Right views or Upper panel, then going to outside view the view was empty except for NAV and rotating beacon lights, no Right/Left wing view, gear,tail etc...(I have also posted at California Classic Propliners where the plane was published, together with the C47.

All my FSX stock planes work bby the book.

6 hours ago, Berlopez said:

All my FSX stock planes work bby the book.

Then don't mess with the PC or FSX settings. You have to fix the addon.

'Evening SteveW,

I wish I knew how to fix the addon, after all the two I have (Tried) to install Manfreds' ( L1649A) and Milton Shupes' (Dash7).

Milton's Dash7 works as I say above and Manfred's Lockheed 1649A does not; See my posts above.

On 8/5/2019 at 4:25 PM, SteveW said:

FSX runs DX10 (called DX10 Preview) or DX9 by changing the setting and restarting the simulator So a good idea is to try both modes. Perhaps one will work. Usually these problems are related to the addons installed. Did the Simulator work better before installing addons.

Trouble free FSX:

1. Install FSX to the stock location

Run at each stage to ensure FSX has initialised its settings.

2. On the FSX program files folder. properties. security. edit. on the Users group add Modify Allow (for addons that install in there).

3. Place a copy of UIAutomationcore.dll v6.0.5840.16386 in the FSX Folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\UIAutomationCore.dll

http://dllfiles.free.fr/dllfiles/UIAutomationCore.dll

4 Install Addons one at a time and test

Fly.

First do that.

This comes up from time to time on my forums. Some plane doesn't work. If the sim is installed that way ^ and you install your plane it will work I expect.

They always do work when I test them.

It would be pointless distributing something that does not work. Unless you are in a beta phase in which case we send information to the developer.

SteveW Thanks for your reply. I'm on Windows10 and do not have a program files folder I have a programs (x86) folder,which is where my sim was installed by a young comp.gugu. Is this the folder I have to modify?

berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
spelling

Yes it's the x86 folder. To be honest, I don't think that will fix the particular problem you have with that plane. But it fixes a lot of issues with various planes, so good reason to put it in. Reinstall the plane after. Good luck.

Thanks Steve, I'll keep trying.If it worked once it WILL work again, You see I flew in Constellations "G's" when I was very young.My mom was part of the Crew of the first AVIANCA, Colombian national airlines to have crossed to Paris, non stop in the late 50's. Frank Gonzales made a repaint specially for me in her honor.

berlopez

• Like 1

After that there's a possibility that you may need to insert some text into a file. I have no idea about the particular plane but there is a feature on FSX systems that can restrict the display of certain parts of the plane. Try this.

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

...also set graphics and traffic to low settings DX9. DX10 introduces other possibilities of problems. If the system is installed well you will see the DX preview checkbox, stay unchecked. Switching from one DX to the other and back again in the simulator and restarting FSX in between, can reset some values and solve odd problems on a rare occasion.

49 minutes ago, Berlopez said:

I flew in Constellations "G's" when I was very young. My mom was part of the Crew of the first AVIANCA, Colombian national airlines to have crossed to Paris, non stop in the late 50's. Frank Gonzales made a repaint specially for me in her honor.

Awesome memories. Great post.