Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

DX Issue FSX\Gold

In the AVSIM FSX Config Guide and CTD Guide, it was recommended changing the Properties>Compatibility to make sure ALL Users is enabled and not just the one user.  Of course, FSX/FSX-SE should always be started with Admin privileges.  I do not recommend changing any security permissions. I did that once and only ran into a lot of issues with FSX.  As recommended in the AVSIM CTD Guide, there is a program called Windows Repair that is freeware but you can also get a license for more advanced options.  Under Repairs>Main, there is an option to repair Permissions Only - https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html.

I did some searching too on the Internet for 'gauges black in 727 fsx'.  A quick look and did not see any fixes. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim. Thanks for you reply and advice I'm sure you recall that it was adviced to change these security permission when windows Vista 7 and 8 came out as theire security is very tight. I have been running FSX \Accel in all these OSs' problem free for years.

I too am in contact with moderators in the captainsim \Forum,  I had just ran out of the five allowed attempts to install, last night when I posred again and the moderator adviced how to get a new installer. I have given it a new try fallowing all his recommendations and Drats! I still get a gaugeless and no 2D panels 727.

Still these lines get added to the [TRUSTED] section of the FSX.CFG: I don't have to say "yes"...They just get added.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\bin\cs.sound.dll.nkwlubrceakcnheuauiwcoknweqzetielkooilqz=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.sys.GAU.rnzzhcqtzzaeeqkkitutkuhquurcohoowukklorr=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.wxr.DLL.hnhuaikkablwwoertnbiihlinczqolnzawzblluu=2

The trusted section of the fsx.cfg does not mean the gauges are installed properly.  If you deleted the trusted section of the FSX.cfg, FSX would only rebuild that section and ask if you want to trust them again.  It is just telling Microsoft, you trust these gauges and they are okay if installed.  I did note you only have one gauge that was trusted.  The weather.dll is a module.  I would look in your fsx/gauges folder for this gauge - Captain_Sim.p721.sys.GAU and make sure it is there.  It could also be in your SimObjects/Airplane/CS721/Gauges folder. 

Did you do what someone suggested in the CS forums and completely uninstall the CS721.  Then use a cleaner like CCleaner to clean up the registry?  Then, with Admin privileges, reinstall the package and reenter your activation key.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No I did not delete any lines from he [TRUSTED] Section of the FSX,CFG File.

I have uninstalled the 727 several times, but I have not used CCleaner, as I don't have it installed in this windows10 computer, and though I have it in my win7 computer I have learned the hard way what using the registry cleaner can do,sometimes.

I have also tried to reenter my key, too many times I might add;  And have been adviced by captainsim  how to get others and have tried that, to no avail.I am afraid to say. But I will look into what you suggest above and report tomorrow. Thank you for you advice.The folder Captain_Sim.p721.sys.GAU is present in the panel folder amongst all the .cab files

Berlopez

SteveW provided some valuable advice.  To me, your problem is frustrating as so many have successfully installed and activated their copy of the 721.  You are always falling short. It is a very, very old aircraft that many members do not have installed.  It is hard to duplicate the issue.  Since your topic is about DX, I'm wondering if you have DX10 Preview enabled.  If the 721 requires it, I would suspect many things would not appear.  Not sitting in front of your computer so just a guess.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM

In fsx.CFG did you try adding highmemfix?

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

That's a system GPU setting than can organise more texture memory on the card for textures.

It seems there are oddities reading the forums about this installer. I'm wondering if the particular addon is specifically written to install to a private folder, if all else fails. I've never come across that but if it's an early FSX addon from FS9 then it may be possible.

Maybe a reinstall of FSX Gold into a private folder would cure this particular plane. Example:

C:\FS\<install here>

It would be a surprise to me if that is it.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

No I did not delete any lines from he [TRUSTED] Section of the FSX,CFG File.

I have uninstalled the 727 several times, but I have not used CCleaner, as I don't have it installed in this windows10 computer, and though I have it in my win7 computer I have learned the hard way what using the registry cleaner can do,sometimes.

I have also tried to reenter my key, too many times I might add and have ben recommended by captainsim  how to get others and have tried that, to no avail.I am afraid to say. But I will look into what you suggest above and report tomorrow. Thank you for you advice; 30-8-2019: Hi SteveW Yes I did add the line: HIGHMEMFIX=1 In the [GRAPHICS] Section of FSX.cfg Now that I think of it and excuse my slowness the guy that helped me install it didn't install it as I requested ina folder of its' own, (Which I had already created ) But instead he let FSX install by defaul into Program Files (x86)And that's probably why I am unable to reinstall the cap.727, because I've been giving permissions to the Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XFile, under Program Files (x86). Now the question is how to repair this mess ?....Uninstall…\Reinstall… Set permission to default again ( If Nessesary)?

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
more information

Jim Thanks for your reply. I don't have the DX Preview Box. I Wass guessing when I started the topic, but got diverted. When I got my windows7 (x32) computer FSX also didn't have a DX preview box in the graphics tab. Somehow,I don't remember how I managed to install that by downloading a DX9 from M.S. But if I were to remember those steps today,+ Do all what one has to do disable DX12 in windows10 I NEED STEP BY STEP GUIDANCE.

Berlopez

Seems from what you say permissions provide enough freedom to the installer. Instead you may be suspecting some kind of graphics problem. With a DX12 operating system and hardware, there need not be anything other than specific modelling for DX9 and DX10 as they are handled by the new system. So when a DX 9 popup appears to be installing, mostly it will be checking it's up to date anyway.

Edited by SteveW

..if it's an Nvidia GPU:

Popup the desktop menu with the right-click.

Choose Nvidia Control Panel.

In the lower left corner click on the link:

System Information.

Have a look there for Direct 3D Feature level and API version.

Hi SteveW Yes it's an NVidia GeForce GTX 1070.0

There in the lower Left corner System Information 

DirectX runtime 12.0

API ver. 12

Feature Level 12.1 (I have to translate all this from Danish) Please bare with me.

Another thing is I was thinking since th sim got installed by default and not into a folder I created, this might be why I am running into so many issues ? Like some had when windows Vista then 7 came out and 8,8.1 and now 10

Edited by Berlopez
more info

OK. Can you set yourself up with US English and install the plane? I suppose the other PCs were set to Danish?

Yes I did add under [GRAPHICS] Section HIGHMEMFIX=1  Yes all the other PC's have been set to Danish; What a challenge but I haven't ,at that time there was a very good FS site: FSOnline.dk but it closed a few months ago they are responsible for the excellent Danish Scenery 1.4 which is the one I use and Kastrup scenery.

The installer for the cap721 is in English.

I am beginning to believe that my installation is wrong in Program files (X86) and that I have naively thinking I was gaining permission to the FS folder, when actualy nothing happened.

In order for a uninstall\ reinstall I might need advice where to start.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
grammar

IN my Win7 computer FS is installed in my C:\ in a folder by itself. As I said the person who helped me install, i.e. put the discs in the DVD,as it turns out to , didn't listen I had asked him to guide the installer to that folder C.FSX, Instead he let it install by default.

In order for a uninstall\ reinstall I might need advice where to start. ..

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM