Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

DX Issue FSX\Gold

We're at crossed purposes. Did you install FSX Gold with Acceleration?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

SteveW As I have written above the guy that supposedly helped me install didn't install Acceleration. I  juast checked in my Windows 7 installation how it look in Control Panel and there it shows: Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration, where everything Works fine. In the installation in windows10 only Flight Simulator X shows.

If it helps here is my conversation with the moderator at captainainsim that´s been helping me too:

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1565810866/23#23

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

in Windows 10, can you install the Acceleration disk?

Do I just run and activate ? Forgive my inconclusiveness, this comes as as relieve to me. :laugh:

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Yes, I think that's it. Just put in the disk and double click setup.exe.

it may appear to go to sleep on some systems, leave it as it should finish.

Thanks for this advice. Now what about the fact that FSX was installed to program files (x86) Wouldn't a comlete reinstall into a private folder under my C:\ be better ?

Sorry for my inconclusiness.

Berlopez

Installed and run, said something about activation not being posible, at the last stage.I let it run, then I loaded up the sim and checked if the missions and added Acceleration planes had loaded. they had, like the P-51 :biggrin:

Edited by Berlopez

Everytime I start FSX I get the activation error message in windows10; How can I get rid of the message? I get a window that tells me to search the internet and if I press "Yes" I get sent to a page a Microsoft that I find extremely confusing, If I press "No" I go straight into the game; Still I'd like to get rid of the message.

Berlopez

7 hours ago, Berlopez said:

Everytime I start FSX I get the activation error message in windows10; How can I get rid of the message? I get a window that tells me to search the internet and if I press "Yes" I get sent to a page a Microsoft that I find extremely confusing, If I press "No" I go straight into the game; Still I'd like to get rid of the message.

Berlopez

Is it this?

• Like 1

Luke Pype

16 hours ago, Berlopez said:

Thanks for this advice. Now what about the fact that FSX was installed to program files (x86) Wouldn't a comlete reinstall into a private folder under my C:\ be better ?

Sorry for my inconclusiness.

Berlopez

Installed and run, said something about activation not being posible, at the last stage.I let it run, then I loaded up the sim and checked if the missions and added Acceleration planes had loaded. they had, like the P-51 :biggrin:

That's right. Some new stuff in there allows more addon types, one of your planes might require that. When I said install disk two, I forgot about the middle disk in FSX Gold, I meant disk two being the Acceleration disk.

I mentioned already that since you are more familiar with FSX installed into your C:\FSX\ folder, you could try that. However the location of FSX didn't seem to be part of your problems. Only that the confusion surrounding the location of FSX caused you to take ownership rights.

See if your plane works with the Acceleration installed. Then consider if you want to completely re-install.

SteveW SUCCESS! After installin Acceleration and reinstalling the plane the gauges show One gauge the flaps indicator doesn't move, for some reason or other, there are sound that indicate theire position,though. I have posted in the forum to inquire what might be wrong ?

Berlopez

Some part of acceleration was required then, could have been the SimConnect version updated

Surely I just checked the other a/c that didn't show gauges either and it too has gauges now; Just have to get rid of the activation message I got last night. I hate messing with the registry.

Thanks for you fallow up and patients.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Going back to the initial problem, I first suggested to look at the DX10 preview box at the start, that would have meant that acceleration was installed properly - if the DX10 box was in there.

Many planes and other addons need that to be installed for SimConnect and also some other items. When you run it you accept the new keys. Then set up your controls.

The location of FSX doesn't matter, just that some planes installed into that same folder can't save a plan or their panel setting. To resolve that we set the Users Group Modify Allow permission. We do not Take Ownership, adjust UAC levels, make folders or partition drives, and don't have to run as admin. That's all an obfuscation of problems presented by addons. We just install to program files and check the Users Group Modify Allow on that folder before installing addons. That way addons can save plans and settings, and all addons are tested that way.

Yes DX10 box is present just checked my other addon that wasn't showing gauges and it is now.

Now just need to install my Weather Program FSXWX, which when i tried it gave me a simConnect error...

Berlopez