Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

To anybody who has downloaded and used this, any feedback would be appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks for the link, @BillS511, but since you only provided the link, here is some of the highlights of this new version:

• Cross-Platform: whether you use Windows, macOS or Linux, Orbx Central will work for you.
  • Modern UI: the user interface has received a full overhaul, making it easier to use than ever before.
  • In-App Purchasing: you can now purchase and install Orbx products completely within Central! If you take the optional step to save your card, you can even complete purchases with just a few clicks!
  • Automatic Updates: never wonder if you’re using the latest version of Orbx scenery – Central will keep them up-to-date automatically.
  • Install Anywhere: want to install your Orbx scenery to another drive? Libraries make this easy. You can choose any location you wish, and have your Orbx scenery intelligently linked back into your simulator (using symbolic links in X-Plane and Aerofly, and add-on packages in Prepar3D v4).
  • Add-On Packages Support (add-on.xml): we now use add-on packages for Prepar3D v4! This means that if you need to re-install your whole simulator, you will not need to re-install all of your Orbx products.
  • Speed Improvements: the download and install component of Central has been completely re-written. It is now more robust, stable, and faster than ever before!
  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Migrating all of my products out of the core sim at the moment, prefer the UI of FTX Central, but nothing i wont get used to. i hope all is still ok after migration glad to get all of my purchases out of the core sim  

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I notice the brief summation of what I think is the major change in that they are using the add-on.xml method.  This removes them completely from the scenery.cfg perhaps?  I think I'll lurk around their forum for a day or two to see what comes back from the users before jumping in on this one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:
  • Automatic Updates: never wonder if you’re using the latest version of Orbx scenery – Central will keep them up-to-date automatically.

I hope to have the choice to do it or not...?

Generally things go well but in some rare cases (ex KSAN), I'm glad I didn't do it... I want to be able to choose.
For the rest of the options, this is a big step forward.

Richard

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Same here. I didn‘t update TE NL as I read some got bad FPS with newer versions(?)

@DrumsArt @PatC
You can choose to have auto updates on or off.
WvXPneT.jpg

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 2

I use SimStarterNG will this have any affect if I move my scenery out of P3D with the new FTX central. Will I have to Re build my Scenery Sets?  I'll wait and see what happens in the next few days before I try it out.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Is there a feature to check so it will not mess up your scenery.cfg file ?

I have arranged all scenery by country..

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Been using it for months: have been waiting for the conversion of all of their products to work with this, and glad that that seems to be complete.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

For those of you using scenery management programs, (e.g. simstarter, lorby, et al) I highly recommend you make a backup of your current library oreder to avoid massive headaches as migrating and syncing WILL move things around.

You may also find some remnant folders/files in the P3D/FSX root that should be synced and cleaned up to avoid conflicts.

Double check the Orbx forums for any issues that arise as we all have vastly different installs and this update will surely generate some questions. (As an aside, you aren't required to migrate your programs to a new library, but it is recommended as it makes repairing and update the sim a breeze)

Edited by ZLA Steve

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

FWIW, I installed and migrated without issue. BUT, running the Vector AEC tool is not working. Vector scans but the disabled for side is empty every time for me. Has happened to a few folks. No replies from devs at this point but it's a real mess at some fields, especially the Rockies, as you can imagine.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/177178-elevation-problems-not-fixed-after-running-global-vector-auto-config/

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

I also found the Vector problem , nothing in the right side.

What I found disturbing is that after a clean Win10 and P3D install without any orbx installed I have a backup of Manually downloaded files ( all my products) , when I select Install I do it from the Install via  manually downloaded file , I select the file and starts extracting, once it finishes extracting starts downloading the whole thing again, meanning all my downloads are useless , I dont know if this is as it should be but "Install VIA Manual Download" does not work...

Jorge

PS : Just got an update to v4.0.0

Hi Jorge,

I just installed today, 4.0.0 is what I got. Were you part of the public beta?

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5