Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

No , the update  came to my surprise, also the Manual is different in the Download via downloaded files , shows Advanced Install instead of Install via...I cannot understand how no one has seen this install problem...probably very unique installation in my case  but it is bad as I would need to download all my purchases again...

Jorge

The new Central made a mess of my sim. Insertion points and are all over the place regardless of how I set it, so my scenery library is a mess, excludes need to be reset everywhere, and time is wasted fixing what wasn't broken. Almost tired of dealing with orbx bs. Also P3D loads slower now than ever...

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Marc , the problem with the insertion point is that ORBX decides that their scenery insertion point is at the top, this hapens because in the add-on.xml some of them do not have a layer and P3D correvtly places the scenery at the top ...  they would need to fix this also ...

The loading times are also very high here and it is as a result of the way the xml method is used , they use Add-on Discovery path , this seems to be the problem as all my scenery and aircraft are installed using the Add-on package and I had no problem with loading...

Jorge

• Upvote 1

Ok thank you Jorge. Atleast I know I'm not alone. I was planning on writing on Orbx forum, but I don't feel like waiting a month for a response. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Plus you get the BN brigade that never finds anything wrong and....

Someone will find it and complain ...will see...

Jorge

Phew thought it was just me my loading times are ridiculous and elevation issues are a joke.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I love it. ORBX Central 4.0. I commenced a clean install. So far everything works great. New additional SSD is being filled nicely. Plug in another SSD. Designate another library. Very simple. Works as advertised.

Just now, Ezra said:

I love it. ORBX Central 4.0. I commenced a clean install. So far everything works great. New additional SSD is being filled nicely. Plug in another SSD. Designate another library. Very simple. Works as advertised.

Yep, sounds like a piece of cake! 🤨

Murray Dreyer

Good to know , let us know how you go with P3D loading time , are you installing from Manually downloaded files??

I found some interesting reading in the Manual regarding backups...

" If adding new files will exceed the backup directory’s maximum size, Central will automatically remove the oldest backups to make room for new content."

funny backup eh?

also the image for install shows "Advanced install" instead of "install via manual download" so the instructions cannot be used.

Jorge

I wouldn't go anywhere near v4 until I understand exactly how this new version works and how it affects my scenery libraries.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

57 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near v4 until I understand exactly how this new version works and how it affects my scenery libraries.

...and I make a fresh backup image of the drive my simulator is on.

Greg

No Vector problem or long loading times of P3D here.

Actually Orbx Central 4 is a vast improvement on previous version

and works for me as advertised.

noels7

Noel Southam

Noels7 thank you for the comments, can you say if you downloaded V4.0.0 and then installed Vector  and run the config , I ask because I installed Vector with the V 0.20. and that may be my problem...

Thank you

Jorge

Anyone tried this with x-plane 11.35?

Does this mean that I can have my ORBX files in a different drive? Will it move them to this different drive? I’m running out of space on my X-P11 drive with TE files and this would nicely solve things. Thanks.

if you are comfortable with dynamic links...

from the promo

In X-Plane 11, Central automatically creates and manages symbolic links, connecting your Custom Scenery directory to your Central Library.

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta