Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

Spent most of my day messing with this today and wish I hadn't. As others have said, if you have any 3rd party addon manager, everything will get jumbled up, as Central has no way of inserting things around other .XML entries. The response to this on the Orbx forum was something to the effect of 'none of us have a 3rd party addon manager.' Seems like most simmers these days do, so a definite oversight by them. Also had a CTD today after I finally got in the air. Wish i would have left things alone. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Jorge

I downloaded Version 4 and followed all the prompts and made my decisions.

I uninstalled Version 3. Vector was already installed on my system.

Since op said that running Vector cfg left rhs of vector empty I tried it and all

worked normally with rhs fully populated. Started P3D V4.5 and my Scenery  cfg

is as when I finished complete reinstall of windows, P3D and Orbx scenery yesterday.

noels7

Noel Southam

Thank you Noels7 , the reason for it to work for you is that all was installed with ceentral v3 and then V4 installed , that is what makes the diff, DO you have an ORBX folder in the P3D Root?

Also the scenery config file should not have any ORBX entries in it...

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta

Yes Orbx folder (278gig) is in P3D folder. 

Scenery config file does not have any Orbx entries in it.

I have just completed verifying all my Orbx scenery and they are backed upon my D Drive

under Orbx backups.  I will have to spend sometime reading V4 literature because I am not sure

about a couple of things.

noels7

Noel Southam

Morning Guys,

A fix (sort of) was posted overnight, using MakeRunways or Lorby Addon Organizer:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/177178-elevation-problems-not-fixed-after-running-global-vector-auto-config/

I tried it and it works but I hope they aren't counting on this process only going forward. Having said that and given how little Vector has been touched over the years I'm not optimistic anything further will be done.

Guess I got lucky, no loading time increases here.

Best,

Gerald

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Noels7 , there you go , this is supposed NOT to install anything in the P3D root folder ... this guys are incredible ... say one thing do another...

Unfortunately they should fix the mess ...but as you see the ORBX BN brigade keeps saying all is well and nothing will happen.

Jorge

• Like 1

I do not want ORBx Central to mess about with my scenery.cfg file. I still use the old Scenery Library method, so I would prefer (no.....demand) that I have the option to do so without problems. Am I worrying about nothing here?

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, aeronauta said:

The loading times are also very high here and it is as a result of the way the xml method is used , they use Add-on Discovery path , this seems to be the problem as all my scenery and aircraft are installed using the Add-on package and I had no problem with loading...

Jorge

I had no idea that the method affects the loading times. Since moving my whole add-on installation to the xml-method (discovery path under Roaming) early this year, my loading time significantly increased (up to some 7 minutes for 100 non-ORBX sceneries with no AI). Following your post I now changed them to the package path (ProgramData) and loading times are back to 90sec (same as with scenery.cfg before). Thanks so much for this great tip, Jorge.

Hope somebody from ORBX is reading your comment and take notice of the disadvantages that come with the discovery path method.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

44 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

but as you see the ORBX BN brigade keeps saying all is well and nothing will happen

Oh yes, the Orbx Appreciation Society, they give you the warm fuzzies.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

27 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I do not want ORBx Central to mess about with my scenery.cfg file. I still use the old Scenery Library method, so I would prefer (no.....demand) that I have the option to do so without problems. Am I worrying about nothing here?

You have two options which will achieve what you want.

1. short term solution: do not use Orbx Central

2. long term solution: use Orbx central but do not:

a) migrate any products to a "Library".

b) install any more products

3. Of course, do not use the xml method of installation for any UK 2000 products or any

from other developers that you might have purchased, that use that method.

Edited by Reader

4 minutes ago, Reader said:

You have two options which will achieve what you want.

1. short term solution: do not use Orbx Central

2. long term solution: use Orbx central but do not:

a) migrate any products to a "Library".

b) install any more products

3. Of course, do not use the xml method of installation for any UK 2000 products or any

from other developers that you might have purchased, that use that method.

3. Stick with FTXC v3. 😁

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1,2,3,3?

1 says

short term solution: do not use Orbx Central

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Following your post I now changed them to the package path (ProgramData) and loading times are back to 90sec (same as with scenery.cfg before).

Ehm, what? Do we have to use "ProgramData" folder for all ORBX products installed via add-on.xml to avoid longer loading times? Seriously? If this is true, this should be instantly reported over at the ORBX forums and resolved, this can not be...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

AS ALWAYS with our customer friendly friends at Orbx...

This is a can of worms...i would bet many will sail through the process...but i'd bet bigger that ALOT of people with have a 3 day migraine

They keep doing thing to push me further n further from them....

Luke Pype

22 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ehm, what? Do we have to use "ProgramData" folder for all ORBX products installed via add-on.xml to avoid longer loading times? Seriously? If this is true, this should be instantly reported over at the ORBX forums and resolved, this can not be...

No, my post is referring to my non-ORBX products. I had them registered in the sim via add-on.xmls that I had saved in X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons (aka the "discovery path method").

I did not messed around with the new ORBX central yet as my sim is running nice and smoothly. But I own most of the ORBX products that appeal to tubeliner pilots like me and hence, I am reluctant to play around with it as of yet. My ORBX selection are the only sceneries that are still registered via the scenery.cfg.

But it would be indeed interesting to know whether the new Cenral is saving add-on.xml files in X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons or not.

I found this a thread where Oliver (Lorby) does explain it in a bit more detail: 

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png