Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

How do you align two layer numbers provided by different developers that are the same value?  

Whichever comes last in the lookup chain has the higher priority. All addons work like that, so you can for example install a texture product externally without overwriting the default simulator files that it replaces. Whatever is loaded last by P3D takes precedence over what came first.

As a developer you would naturally avoid adding layers, which is entirely possible and - as you say - recommended. Adding layers is more a user thing, who either wants to or has to rearrange his individual scenery library. The actual burden is on the simmers, who have to make sense of and bring order to all this.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of re-installing P3D V4 and the Orbx stuff. I have a few questions just to make sure, that i understand the new Orbx-central right
I was using FTX-central for years without troubles and my latest FTX Version was 3.x. Here are my questions ;-)
1. Can I still use FTX V3 for installing my purchased stuff?
2. If question 1 is yes, will the Orbx stuff still be installed in the P3D root-folder?
3. If I am forced to use the new Orbx-central, can I choose where to install all the Orbx-stuff
I ask because I only have a 256GB SSD as  drive C (my system disk) and purchased a M2-drive last year only for P3D.
Many thx in davance and Kind regards

Edited by felan09

3 times: yes

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

51 minutes ago, guenseli said:

3 times: yes

That is the simple answer I was hoping to get....thx:)!

meh...back to Central 3. Wasted time, bandwidth, and struggling with the will to continue this hobby after two decades. 

Edited by SolRayz
  • Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

+1 for Central3

Central 4 is a great design and concept, but it just does not work properly at the moment. Scenery layering and insertion points  is completely broken , Orbx entries all over the place and even if you go in to manually layering them properly , the MINUTE you change a setting or add another Orbx product, there we go , all entries scrambled.

Plus Orbx buildings does not display . You would install it , Central would say installed , but fire up your sim and voila - still default autogen buildings. Again , a  layering issue.

When central 4 is compatible with Lorby Addon Organizer ( as V3 is ) , and the scenery layering is fixed , eventually it will be a good upgrade.

For the meantime , went back to 3 and everything works 100%

Edited by planechaser
  • Upvote 1

So I reinstalled everything via Central 3 (non xml in P3D root), and P3D loading time is back to normal, but I'm back to Central 4 because it's the only means of updating scenery going forward. I am not migrating until I am forced to. Would it, kill Orbx to allow both traditional or xml means of installation. They will force us all to use this method eventually and it has a detrimental impact on P3D loading at startup, which will be exacerbated in the future by more and more Orbx scenery. This is not going to fly especially with massive scenery like the True Earth series. How is the this method a workable solution? 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hello,

there have been complaints for a long time that Orbx products should be outside the P3D root folder because that is the way forward.

Now that this is happening, are you now starting a campaign for the installation of Orbx products inside P3D again?

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

Hello,

there have been complaints for a long time that Orbx products should be outsiode the P3D root folder because that it the way forward.

Now that this is happening, are you now starting a campaign for the installation of Orbx products inside P3D again?

Most of the issues that users are having have nothing to do with installing outside of the sim.

They have to do with controlling the scenery order or fixing a broken FTX Vector.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

58 minutes ago, DJJose said:

They have to do with controlling the scenery order or fixing a broken FTX Vector.

This!  Which is for ORBX to fix.  Until then, plus the fact that my sim is working just fine now, I'll be staying with FTX Central 3... and not buying anything.  Since they aren't releasing much for P3D at this time I figure I won't be missing much... which makes now a good time to fly!

Greg

• Like 3

I will not be upgrading to ORBx Central until there is no alternative.....and that will probably be the release of TrueEarth GB Central for P3D v4. I just hope that all issues have been resolved by then.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

This!  Which is for ORBX to fix.  Until then, plus the fact that my sim is working just fine now, I'll be staying with FTX Central 3... and not buying anything.  Since they aren't releasing much for P3D at this time I figure I won't be missing much... which makes now a good time to fly!

Greg

I am with you, Version 3 works fine for me. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Figuring out how to straighten out scenery order maybe the very reason they have taken the time to focus on releases for the other flight sim, giving time to sort P3D problems

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I too have gone back to v3.................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Must be affecting sales if people are sticking with FTX Central because New Sceneries purchases require Orbyx Central for installation across all Sim Platforms . I want to buy but holding off at the moment till the dust settles

xxd09