Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

11 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi, I just use the inbuild win 7 image backup within win 10. I also make a backup of my P3Dv4 drive in the same process.

One thing i do recall with win7 image backup is that its not allowed to restore a systemimage if the drive you use for the backup is bigger than your new c:drive for restoring.

So even if you only have 150gb stored/used on your current c drive- it still needs to have more space than the size of the backup drive when you restore.

Not sure why though but rather important if your drive was defect and you desided to go for a small SSD for C:drive (which i did but now i just have a 1TB SSD for c).

Michael Moe

Michael,

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying about drive size. My system drive is 1 TB SSD, and my backup drive is a 2TB USB-attached HDD. If there is an issue with drive size, I suspect it is NOT related to size of the backup drive, rather that the backup probably expects the drive that it restores to is the same size as the drive it backed up - I can't confirm this, but I can tell you that I backup to, and restore from a drive bigger than my system drive.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Michael,

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying about drive size. My system drive is 1 TB SSD, and my backup drive is a 2TB USB-attached HDD. If there is an issue with drive size, I suspect it is NOT related to size of the backup drive, rather that the backup probably expects the drive that it restores to is the same size as the drive it backed up - I can't confirm this, but I can tell you that I backup to, and restore from a drive bigger than my system drive.

Kind Regards,

Maybe you are right here. Could be that. 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Bit the bullet last night and installed latest version of Orbx Central 

Followed all the instructions as they arose

All updates installed.All Sceneries in order

Whew!

Flights in P3Dv4.5 and XPlane 

All good

Well done Orbyx!

xxd09

Pleasye havye ayn engineeyr inspecyt youyr keyboaryd.

Therye musyt bye ay faulyt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Well done Orbyx!

Could you please stop it? :laugh:

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Bit the bullet last night and installed latest version of Orbx Central

Followed all the instructions as they arose

All updates installed.All Sceneries in order

Whew!

Flights in P3Dv4.5 and XPlane 

All good

Well done Orbx

xxd09

Apologies again -senior moments 

Edited by xxd09
Spelling
  • Like 3

New Orbx Central 4.0.13 with Advanced Layering option is working awesome on my end.

I suggest installing Global+Vector+openLC EU and NA (key is EU and NA) - if you have them into the sim and rest all can be installed outside the sim.  Which is exactly what I did.  Wow, everything is working for now that is.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180192-dual-enteries-suggestion-for-openlc-na-and-eu-products/

Enjoy,

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Does anyone know how to uninstall Global?  I migrated when the new version came out and I want to install it back into the main P3D folder.  The old Orbx Central used to let you uninstall through the app but with the new version there isn't an option for this.  Can I just deleted the global folder or am I SOL?

Dan

Daniel

15 minutes ago, deltaalpha said:

Does anyone know how to uninstall Global?  I migrated when the new version came out and I want to install it back into the main P3D folder.  The old Orbx Central used to let you uninstall through the app but with the new version there isn't an option for this.  Can I just deleted the global folder or am I SOL?

Dan

I had to download FTXC3 and use it to uninstall Global.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440