My PC is 8 years old now so time to bite the bullet..Was looking at the following for FSX and hopefully P3D..This is what I am looking at buying any input greatly appreciated...Thanks John.  

• High-end FSX PC - Suitable for multiple monitors
  • Intel Core i7 9700K Eight Core
  • Professionally overclocked up to 5.0GHz
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, Intel Z390 Chipset
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
  • 6GB EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 BLACK EDITION
  • 512GB Intel 660p M.2 SSD & 2TB HDD
  • Microsoft Windows 10 64bit & 3 Year Premium Warranty

A few suggestions, and a couple questions:

1) Overclocked 9th-gen Intel Core CPUs run pretty hot, and can put quite a strain on the motherboard's VRM (power delivery circuitry).  As such I would recommend a motherboard that has both a more capable VRM, as well as actual cooling for the VRM.  Gigabyte's Aorus Z390 lineup offers both of these for about the same as you're paying for the Strix board.  

2) Followup to the above, since the CPU runs hot - what cooling do you plan to use?

3) What resolution are you running?  A 2060 is a decent GPU but if you're running 4k or multiple monitors, you may want a more powerful one.

4) That SSD, while cheap, is not one I would recommend due to the fact that it uses QLC NAND flash which has very poor write speeds and reduced durability compared to TLC, the current market standard.  Spend a tiny bit more for an SSD with better NAND chips.  A lot of people like Samsung's SSDs, though the same warning applies here so be careful which one you buy.  The 970 Evo/plus and 970 Pro are very fast, though they do carry a price premium.  Lots of other manufacturers offer fast SSDs for less money than Samsung so if you're ok with a lesser-known brand, you can still get a very fast SSD for not much more than what you had already spec'd with the Intel 660p.  Personally, I just picked up an Inland Premium 1TB NVME SSD for just over $100.  It's priced like the 660p, but with speed like the Samsung drivers.  Very good value.

Not wanting to hi-jack this thread, but by coincidence I'm also in the market for a new PC and started to configure today.

I'm looking into kind of the same components as the OP, so my post and questions might also benefit him.

To follow up on the comments by TechguyMaxC, one question regarding the MoBo: would the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero be a better option ?

I read some negative reviews about VRMs, while other reviews seem not to mention them or dismiss the negative critics about them.

How about cooling. Is water cooling better than air cooling ? Never had water cooling before so that's why I'm asking. And would you recommend one brand over the other in terms of water cooling (I'm hesitating between Corsair and NZXT).

Current config I came up with is here below (not buying a new GPU at this time as I will reuse my current GTX 1080).

• ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
  • CORSAIR 16GB 3200MHZ DDR4 DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB
  • CORSAIR HX850I 850W
  • INTEL CORE I9 9900K 3.6-5.0GHZ 16MB 8 CORES 16 THREADS
  • CASE: NZXT H710 BLACK/WHITE
  • NZXT KRAKEN X72 LIQUID CPU COOLER
  • SAMSUNG 1000GB 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVME PCIE SSD

Many thanks for any input.

Mathieu Souphy