Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

GSX Lvl 2 Jetway Question

So i had default gsx for a while and decided to upgrade to lvl 2, but so far nothing has changed. No animated passengers, no sode jetways. It says i have activated it. when i try to board, an error message shows up saying "no sode jetway docked. you will not see passengers visually. But cant i just use airstairs or something? Please help. thank you

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Changed title per OP

RTFM?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

- SODE jetways will replace automatically ONLY default jetways on default airports.

- It's of course possible to replace default jetways at 3rd party airports, but it must be done by you: it would be very wrong and very unsafe if GSX tried to do that, considering all the different ways jetways can be made ( default, static, static-but-removable, SODE, etc.). The manual of course explains how to do this, and there are plenty of tutorials, for example this one:

- If a scenery already comes with SODE jetways, those cannot be excluded with an Exclude file, like default jetways, and it would be required to delete their own SODE XML file.

- If you don't feel doing that, there's a whole Sharing section on our forum, where you can download lots of pre-made customization files for many add-on airports.

- In order to see animated passenger, a scenery must have SODE jetways. It doesn't matter if the SODE jetway already came with the scenery, or it was replaced with GSX (automatically or manually), but it *must* be a SODE jetway. That's exactly what the message is telling you: there's no SODE jetway docked there, most likely because you are trying to use a 3rd party airport with NO SODE jetways without having replaced with GSX, so the message tells you WHY you don't see passengers.

- It would be nice if you changed the subject thread from "GSX L2 doesn't work", into "I haven't fully understood how GSX L2 works", otherwise someone not reading the whole thread, might think GSX L2 *really* doesn't work...

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

- It's of course possible to replace default jetways at 3rd party airports, but it must be done by you: it would be very wrong and very unsafe if GSX tried to do that, considering all the different ways jetways can be made ( default, static, static-but-removable, SODE, etc.). The manual of course explains how to do this, and there are plenty of tutorials, for example this one:

Hi Umberto,

I tried this method but it doesn't work or perhaps I am doing something different or wrong. I have scenery with static Jetway and I am trying to remove and replace that. However once in "Customization"  where is default, static jetway it says parking "has no jetways". Of course if I wanted to add a jetway I drop down and chose one jetway but than I double it up.

Am I mixing something or reading it differently than your explanation in video.

Thanks

Alex 

33 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I tried this method but it doesn't work or perhaps I am doing something different or wrong. I have scenery with static Jetway and I am trying to remove and replace that.

As someone already replied to you, it would have been REALLY helpful if you *read* the GSX manual, the one you said you already have, but you must surely have missed this, at Page 13 of the GSX manual:

IMPORTANT
Some sceneries might have Jetways which are static, and those cannot always be replaced, depending how they are made.

• If a Jetway is static, but it’s modeled as a separate object, usually placed in a “Library .BGL”, it can be replaced by GSX with the same method explained above.
• If a Jetway is static, but it’s modeled as part of the same 3D mesh of the buildings it belongs to, it cannot be replaced by GSX. Not without disabling the whole building, of course.

It was labeled "Important" for a reason...

And why, instead of using the proper ( FSDT ) forum to get support, you posted here ?

Edited by virtuali

18 minutes ago, virtuali said:

• If a Jetway is static, but it’s modeled as part of the same 3D mesh of the buildings it belongs to, it cannot be replaced by GSX. Not without disabling the whole building, of course.

I read that  but for some reason I've seen before on the same gate JS assuming that I can change it however, not sure how it could be JS when I was not able to move at all. And thought that I messed up.

21 minutes ago, virtuali said:

And why, instead of using the proper ( FSDT ) forum to get support, you posted here ?

Why? I was browsing AVSIM for some other things and saw your reply and figure to ask question. Perhaps someone else would jump as other members do help.

If you didn't wanted to answer you shouldn't. But thanks for asking.

Alex 

6 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I read that  but for some reason I've seen before on the same gate JS assuming that I can change it however, not sure how it could be JS when I was not able to move at all. And thought that I messed up.

If it read "JS", it means it's a SODE jetway so, it's clearly not a static jetway, unless you have *both* a SODE jetway and a Static jetway on the same gate. I already explained in my previous post the issue with SODE jetways, which requires a very different method to be removed (assuming you really want to do that), and in the last post, the issue with static jetway.

If you didn't wanted to answer you shouldn't. But thanks for asking.

As I've said, I replied because I noticed this thread with the "GSX L2 doesn't work" subject so yes, it worked...but it should be obvious our support forum should be the first place to check, if you THINK something "doesn't work"

Edited by virtuali

Perhaps the moderators could change the title of this thread if the OP is not going to as it is clearly misleading.

Ian S

38.jpg

9 hours ago, Ian S said:

Perhaps the moderators could change the title of this thread if the OP is not going to as it is clearly misleading.

you're right, however i dont know how to change it.. And thank you for all of your help guys 🙂

Edited by Philipljung

2 hours ago, Philipljung said:

you're right, however i dont know how to change it.. And thank you for all of your help guys 🙂

I changed the title for you.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator