Sign in to follow this  
Lucky67

P4AO does not start anymore

No sure what happened but after a power outage when I was running the AddOnOrgabnizer at home now the AddonOrganizer cannot start anymore.

Reinstalled&rebooted multiple times and removed any file I was aware of (its temp/backup for instance), is there anythig I can do?

There is no log or else to analyze, simply when I launch it (as admin) nothing actually happens (probably the process is immediately aborted and cannot be seen in the running processes within the task manager), no errors is displayed.

Edited by Lucky67

Hi,

when a native Windows app doesn't start, first thing to check is the Windows Event Log, see if something comes up in the Application events.

To reset the P4AO config files in case the system crash broke them, you must remove (all of) these folders:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\P4AO

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Lorby-SI\P3DV4AddonOrganizer.exe_Url_(some cryptic text created by Windows)

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi,

when a native Windows app doesn't start, first thing to check is the Windows Event Log, see if something comes up in the Application events.

To reset the P4AO config files in case the system crash broke them, you must remove (all of) these folders:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\P4AO

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Lorby-SI\P3DV4AddonOrganizer.exe_Url_(some cryptic text created by Windows)

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver

Indeed after removing those corrupted folders I was able to run it again.

Thank your very much for your reply, this tool is simply essential, a lifesaver for any p3d user.