Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

FSS download no longer works, help?

Hi guys, just built a new PC and went to reinstall and have realized FSS is completely borked now so stuff I have with their install wrappers just doesn't work.  I have all the relevant order number/etc info (though my email originally used has changed but I have the original emails as well I believe).  I saw another post where Steve wanted the user to email or PM him.  Just asking if this is the route I should go as well?  I'm pretty much stuck on my FSX install process until I either get a working installer somehow or have to I guess buy stuff all over again.  Thanks in advance for any help.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Good luck, they deleted my purchase history and claim there's none because i haven't bought anything in a while...

23 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Good luck, they deleted my purchase history and claim there's none because i haven't bought anything in a while...

Steve or FSS?  Cause FSS the site is just gone, I mean there's still something there but it's like a text webpage.  All the graphics are gone.  So there's no contacting FSS.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Unfortunately the wrappers will no longer work as their server isn't online anymore.

Depending on what you bought and when, most developers have been very helpful and understanding if you contact them and provide all the correct proof of purchase.

If it is mostly Orbx stuff you will want to contact then direct to see if they can assist you in migrating your products to their platform.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

24 minutes ago, johnnycrockett said:

Unfortunately the wrappers will no longer work as their server isn't online anymore.

Depending on what you bought and when, most developers have been very helpful and understanding if you contact them and provide all the correct proof of purchase.

If it is mostly Orbx stuff you will want to contact then direct to see if they can assist you in migrating your products to their platform.

Thankfully I migrated Orbx to their local stuff a while ago before any of the drama happened when Orbx was first offering it.  I just have REX stuff and the Fixer to sort out.  

2 hours ago, flyinion said:

Thankfully I migrated Orbx to their local stuff a while ago before any of the drama happened when Orbx was first offering it.  I just have REX stuff and the Fixer to sort out.  

Rex have a way to help you out - see this link - https://mailchi.mp/0515be7d5051/rex-customers-of-the-flightsimstore?e=443744bc18

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

23 minutes ago, johnnycrockett said:

Rex have a way to help you out - see this link - https://mailchi.mp/0515be7d5051/rex-customers-of-the-flightsimstore?e=443744bc18

Yep I already sent help tickets to REX.  Just here for the Fixer installer 🙂  Thanks though.

14 hours ago, SteveFx said:

PM me with details of your purchase 

Thanks Steve I'll send it after work today when I have better than mobile access to my GMail and can get to my archived emails with all the info 🙂

18 hours ago, SteveFx said:

PM me with details of your purchase 

4 hours ago, flyinion said:

Thanks Steve I'll send it after work today when I have better than mobile access to my GMail and can get to my archived emails with all the info 🙂

Ok Steve I've sent you the info. As noted in the message please let me know if you need me to send anything else.  At this point I'd be happy to just get a working 3.4 installer which is the last thing they and I both had (I know there are newer versions out).

Just wanted to update that I contacted Steve and he got me fixed up with a working installer.  Woohoo, now time to finish installing gigs of addons/etc. 🙂