Sign in to follow this  
_Gladius_

No really, PMDG is having a sale!

Interesting course this topic has taken...

I didn’t have any issues updating my password on the new server.  The 22% discount was automatically applied, and I downloaded my new 777-200 and -300 this morning.  I’m looking forward to giving her a spin when I get a few moments of free time!

I personally don’t see the FS2020 announcement as “rocking” the FlightSim world.  It is just an announcement after all, and the release is still a year away.  Even if it’s so awesome that I kick P3D to the curb, I’ll still enjoy my 777 until then, and feel like I got my money’s worth.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, _Gladius_ said:

Interesting course this topic has taken...

I didn’t have any issues updating my password on the new server.  The 22% discount was automatically applied, and I downloaded my new 777-200 and -300 this morning.  I’m looking forward to giving her a spin when I get a few moments of free time!

I personally don’t see the FS2020 announcement as “rocking” the FlightSim world.  It is just an announcement after all, and the release is still a year away.  Even if it’s so awesome that I kick P3D to the curb, I’ll still enjoy my 777 until then, and feel like I got my money’s worth.

I had issues trying to log in and change my password on my computer last night. When I did it from my iPad it went fine. Probably a cookies issue. I agree about MSFS2020. No one, including PMDG has any idea what the new sim is going to be like or how they'll integrate their products into it. I doubt that this discount is a reaction to that. Maybe it's just an appreciative company thanking its customers without having an ulterior motive. It doesn't happen often in the business world, but it does happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

I never though I'd be typing this but .... the PMDG 737ngx base with the discount is $70.20 which is a better buy than the iFly ngx at $79.95

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Wow. I grabbed the 777 and its expansion. I think we broke their website. Haven't gotten a download link or email confirmation yet even though the order shows on my account page (but no download link). Hehe. 

I picked up the 747-8 expansion. I've been on the fence about it but since PMDG NEVER does sales I figured I better jump on it.

NAX669.png

Only problem is I have already bought everything that PMDG sells and in some cases twice!

Edited by rocketlaunch

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Picked up the 747-8 on my high end computer running FSX/SE I’m at 3.93-4.06 VAS usage even with sliders turned down, no addon scenery. I’ll do some tweaking later to try and fix this.

1 hour ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Picked up the 747-8 on my high end computer running FSX/SE I’m at 3.93-4.06 VAS usage even with sliders turned down, no addon scenery. I’ll do some tweaking later to try and fix this.

Turn off the co-pilot's displays and specify to use the low-res cockpit. That will help, but the 747 was the plane that convinced me to dump FSX and go P3d. I just couldn't complete an intercontinental flight without getting an OOM crash, usually right as I turned final. No amount of hardware will fix this because of the memory cap that FSX struggles under.

Edited by eslader

How's the DC-6?  It would be an unusual airplane for me so I'm just curious if it's fun.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

It's fun but it's a complex airplane and it needs care in feeding and handling to be successful.  Flying it by pilotage via VORs using the A/P is a real treat. 

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

On 8/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, FPStewy said:

I never though I'd be typing this but .... the PMDG 737ngx base with the discount is $70.20 which is a better buy than the iFly ngx at $79.95

But then again the IFLY was around 50€ just a while ago, which makes it a better buy 😉

Only if it were a while ago.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Sale ends tomorrow and it still can't process the order

Edit: finally got it done. Servers must be loaded.

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD