Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Update - Microsoft is taking over support of FSX again

I thought the August updates were supposed to enlighten about the insider program. Kicking it off. Preview of the roadmap etc.  FSX is not mainstream anymore. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

“You’ve seen the cool footage of the future of the Flight Sim franchise. Now, watch as we divide our attention to this sim from 2005!”

(I’m still hopeful for MSFS but this is not a great look.)

Oof...let's hope not.

(I was thinking the same)

Chris

16 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

So we're calling the new sim FSX now? Or does that mean they're just taking over the publishing of FSX on Steam, and this announcement has nothing to do with the new MSFS? It's a bit ambiguous...

This is about FSX and nothing else. This has nothing to do with recent MSFS anouncment which is a different title. The fact that Microsoft have taken back control again could just be they have plans for this sim as well (as well as the expiry of the 5 year lease). We'll have to see what they will be but we can probably expect some changes Dovetail we're not able to or not licenced to accomplish and maybe these changes could involve supporting addons for both platforms a bit easier...

Edited by dtrjones

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed. Transparency, not really with such "updates" as they were until now.

I found these updates very frustrating because they never tell us anything substantial about the new simulator. Even with the FSX news they don't tell what are they going to do with FSX.

They should stop posting updates like "we will tell you soon....", post the update when you want to tell, otherwise don't post it.

• Like 5

Anybody else still hitting F5 hoping for a "But wait! There's MORE" 😂

• Like 4

Chris

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

I thought the August updates were supposed to enlighten about the insider program. Kicking it off. Preview of the roadmap etc.  FSX is not mainstream anymore. 

We must be getting some more info about the new sim and the insiders program before the middle of August, because this certainly isn't what was advertised.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

They do have a great sense of humour after all. That or...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Meh...who cares about FSX ? All of us were expecting info on the upcoming sim. And shouldn't they be focusing 100% on the new sim instead of wasting time on fsx..Quite dissapointed honestly with this update (if you can call this an update)

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Honestly, I was expecting sometimg about MFS2020, not FSX. I mean, at least something related to the new sim.

Well, FSX comes back to MS, nice. But a little explanation about what does that mean for the current sim could have been good. Even what does that mean in general. Today. No in a couple of weeks. It could fit in no longer than a paragraph :unsure:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

We must be getting some more info about the new sim and the insiders program before the middle of August, because this certainly isn't what was advertised.

Actually it was - it was indicated in there previous update! We've not reached the middle of August yet so be patient, we might have another week to wait...

Edited by dtrjones

1 minute ago, snglecoil said:

Anybody else still hitting F5 hoping for a "But wait! There's MORE" 😂

Nah, they didn't even give a date for when the next update will be.  I'll just relax now and wait until they reveal some actual information on the new sim.  I was excited for today, now I'm just disappointed.

• Like 5

I'm gone then. I do not want to constantly read sentences without content. maybe I'll watch the game if it's available. but Microsoft did not get any better than it used to do with the community.my joy is already gone 

• Upvote 1

“News about FSX”

(closes browser tab)

Edited by irrics
  • Like 3