Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Update - Microsoft is taking over support of FSX again

I hope they don't waste too much manpower on fsx. I mean we have P3D anyways.  

• Upvote 1

9600K | RTX2060 | 16GB | 970Evo Plus m.2

Actually they are reaching out to the current customers of Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition to let them know the add on's they have purchased or continue to purchase will work in the future, and that they are NOT killing that version of the sim at this time. Think about it your new to flight simulation and you got a good deal on Steam to try and out, and maybe even bought a few add on's and all of a sudden BAM, the big bad Microsoft killed the OLD flight simulator you just bought. Yes I know it would still work. That is bad for the brand and the bad for the customers. This question would have been asked a million times if it hasn't already. Now we know! And if they are keeping FSX on Steam ( are they? ), could be really good to get MSFS 2020 on Steam? Also, customers of FSX-SE could, or will eventually hear about MSFS 2020!

And it was in the Hint of the last update, it was gonna be about FSX 🙂 I know most of you don't care about FSX-SE, but a lot of customers do on Steam. Now will it stay and Steam and be in the Xbox Game Pass? Who knows, but very interesting.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Microsoft:

"The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X is an important step in embracing our accountability and responsibility to those that have come before us. And to those that continue to value and invest in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X experience.

That passion, investment, and appreciation must be recognized and reflected in our commitment to carry the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise into the next generation. We are not building on, but building from, the product and history that is Microsoft Flight Simulator X."

I am really confused by that MS statement....what does this mean for MSFS2020?

Just now, Thac said:

what does this mean for MSFS2020?

Probably nothing other than MSFS seems to actually be a new sim because they're not building on but from FSX.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Microsoft has taken back control of MSFS good FSX still has a following, the next gen is on the way more info will come soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Minds me of the Steve Jobs movie...

"Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak asks Jobs to acknowledge the Apple II team in his presentation, but Jobs feels that mentioning the computer (which he considers obsolete) is unwise" - Wikipedia

Reading the replies in this thread, I believe Steve was right...

PS: Hint — Announcement coming next update:

logo-300x87.png

They told us exactly what the next update would be about so I'm not sure why so many people are dumfounded!

Edited by carmined
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Hi Folks,

I’ll take P3Dv5 for $100 - Alex...

😀

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, irrics said:

“News about FSX”

(closes browser tab)

This.  Literally.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Probably nothing other than MSFS seems to actually be a new sim because they're not building on but from FSX.

I hope you are right. But I can`t shake the feeling of "FSX compatible addons"...or that FSX and MSFS2020 will somehow be linked together.... well, we just have to wait and see.

"More on our FSX plans coming soon…"

What? why?

Edited by Thac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Geezz, tough crowd!

Not really.

Why on earth would they think on the website for the brand new simulator any of us would have even an iota of interest about FSX news?

FSX can die in a hot fire for all I care at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Thac said:

Microsoft:

"The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X is an important step in embracing our accountability and responsibility to those that have come before us. And to those that continue to value and invest in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X experience.

That passion, investment, and appreciation must be recognized and reflected in our commitment to carry the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise into the next generation. We are not building on, but building from, the product and history that is Microsoft Flight Simulator X."

I am really confused by that MS statement....what does this mean for MSFS2020?

To me it means that Microsoft once again has control over the Microsoft Flight Simulator series and pricing. I know nothing about the P3D deal, only Lockheed Martin and Microsoft do, I guess. But with them controlling FSX, FSX Steam Edition, and MSFS 2020, they now control development or no development, but mainly pricing of how they want that to be for the customers. No settings a price, no matter how it is sold, and DTG coming in and under cutting you. They control  the consumer sim again. Like I said know nothing about P3D! They can also add a version of FSX to the Xbox game Pass if they choose. I have no clue, just guessing! It is smart to control it all though.Maybe they will announce an end of life date for FSX in the future, like they do for Windows. Maybe they will have a lost leader sim and a current up to date sim that is constantly being updated over many years. Nobody knows but them at this point.I find it all interesting myself.

• Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ