Sign in to follow this  
Bostar

No info in my electronic kneeboard

Hi

Since days ago in my FS9 kneeboard there isn't any kind of information. No checklists, no references, no briefings, nothing. After search in the forum I've read some information related to a compatibility problem with internet explorer (one example in this post). They suggest, as solution, uninstall ie 11 to a previous version 8, but I think it's a extreme solution.

I would appreciate if someone can confirm this compatibilty problem with newer iexplorers and the kneeboard before to start to think about reinstall my FS9 copy.

My specs are: W7 64bits + ie11 (although my main browser is firefox) + FS9.1

Regards

Edited by Bostar

I've just tested with a backup copy of a vanilla FS9 and its kneeboard works correctly. This isn't a compabilty problem with  iexplorer. I have to check if any addon has modified something inside FS9.

- kneeboard_keys.htm and the others .htm seem correct

- I've compared the UIRES directory of my main copy with the one of the backup and it's ok too.

Any ideas where I have to search the posible origin of this problem?

Regards

Hmmm, where is the connection from FS9 to IE11?

If you double click the kneeboard_kees.htm what starts (IE11 or firefox?)

On 8/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, hgschnell said:

Hmmm, where is the connection from FS9 to IE11?

If you double click the kneeboard_kees.htm what starts (IE11 or firefox?)

Sincerely I don't know if there is a connection between FS9 and iexplorer. My comentary is based I've found several post in the forum (not only the link I mentioned in my first post) and in flightsim.com talking about several compatibility problems between FS9 and all the iexplorers publised after IE8.

As I've said my main browser is Firefox. When I open kneeboard_keys.htm, it's loaded by Firefox without any problem.

Anyway, as I said too in the previous post, I've tested the kneeboard in other copy of FS9, which I have as backup without any addon, and its works correctly. So I think the problem must be caused by some of the addons I have installed.

It's a pain because I think the only solution I have its reinstall again each addon in this backup copy and check what kind of modifications they make inside the sim.

Regards

I have Win10, IE 11 and FS9.1 and Firefox as main explorer.

If your problem exits with all aircrafts I would compare the module folder of your "clean" FS9 with the faulty FS9.

Perhaps something is missing?

15 hours ago, Bostar said:

Sincerely I don't know if there is a connection between FS9 and iexplorer. My comentary is based I've found several post in the forum (not only the link I mentioned in my first post) and in flightsim.com talking about several compatibility problems between FS9 and all the iexplorers publised after IE8.

I can't help directly with the problem but I can confirm that all works correctly for me with Internet Explorer 11 as the only version of IE installed (and not my default browser) - so that can be ruled out as the direct cause of the issue.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hi

After checking several addons and configurations, It seems finally I've discovered the cause of this problem: ReShade. If I disable the file "d3d9.dll", the kneeboard works correctly.

It strange because with ENB, similar program, it didn't happend nothing like this. Could it be the reason the way how Reshade manage windows/panels inside FS9? I don't know...

First I'm going to ask other users of Reshade if they are suffering the same problem.

Anyway, thank to all for your time.

Regards

Edited by Bostar

Hello again:

I come back to this post because I want to update the info about this problem: it'd finally solved with the last version of reshade (4.5.2). Right now the kneeboard and all the briefing of the flights work correctly.

I hope this helps in the future to anyone who suffer the same problem.

Regards