Sign in to follow this  
Guest Surge

FSX wish list

Guest tdragger

>US-CENTRIC :>>>ATC : American accents only , FAA way to talk>Aircraft : American manufacturers. e.g. : no airbusses>Scenery : much more developped in the states>Airspace : FAA airspaces regulations>.....>>Gotcha. Thanks. Yup, I'll admit ATC is definitely an area with a US focus, mainly because of the level of expertise we where able to throw at the problem when we first built it.As for the other areas you mention, scenery is an something that continues to evolve and we'll have significantly more variety and depth in international content going forward. As for the aircraft, we just might surpsrise you this time around.thanks for your thoughts!

US is where most MSFS are sold.US is number one in the world as far as General Aviation is concerned (as a matter of fact 80% of world GA is in the US).US usually has the best and most available aviation/scenery related data.I have absolutely no problem with FS being US-centric, in fact it sems logical.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

There's only 3 types of road traffic: left, right, and middle of the road (and the last only in Australia).There's some 150 types of ATC systems, with far more differences between them.

Guest tdragger

>(and the last only in Australia).Don't forget Montana. (Out test lead's home state.)

Guest tdragger

>US is where most MSFS are sold.By single country, yes. But most sales $-wise come from outside North America. It only makes sense that we strive to be a global product. The appearance of US-centricity is not by design but often the result of having easier access to resource material than for the rest of the world. (Of oucrse that is changing, too, with the Internet, imagery and data vendors, etc.).

Guest wingnut2

> and middle of the road (and the last only in Australia).:-hmmm Maybe on dirt tracks, but that applies to any country.

From a logistics standpoint it does pose a bit of a problem. From a programming standpoint all the tools are there but if the current ATC system is in place would involve adding different set of instructions per country or region.Each different set of instructions would need it's own set of voices each reflecting the differences in ATC communication, but FS does recognize the locations in the current ATC system as it knows when a sector has been crossed so I'm guessing the complexity is in the diffent sets of instructions that would be needed and the interaction between the different sets.I fly only in the US, so almost a moot point for me but interesting discussion.Ian.

Guest vas_yan

I have a tricky one...Drive AND overtake from the right. Can it be done in FSX? That's how most people drive over here...P.S. Edited for directional error...Regards,

Guest cimanera

I got one... It's not critical but would be great to see AI coming in at an appropriate "crab" angle during high cross-wind approaches.

Guest tdragger

Good point. Anybody wanna guess why they don't currently? ;)

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>Good point. Anybody wanna guess why they don't currently? ;)I presume AI aircraft follow a 'track' according to ATC and as such are not 'modelled' (ie. have their own dynamics) according to conditions?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

What about Mangetic Variations around the world?Will they get it right this time?The variations used in FS2004 are since 1998 !!!!!As a scenery designer I sure hope they look into this for this version.Also, correct time zones would be nice for a change!Just my 2 cents...George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest wingnut2

> Good point. Anybody wanna guess why they don't currently? ;)The AI planes are fitted with a special wind neutralizing equipment designed by NASA, that creates a mini vacuum around the plane?

ROFL!!!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT (Catalyst 5.13) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64