Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Development Update - Dev Roadmap Preview Coming Aug 15

1 minute ago, irrics said:

Tell us how you really feel!  lol

LOL...Tired of people spouting off without taking a minute to think and/or research the subject.  Seriously, what company starts talking about their trade secrets months before said product is ready to sell!? If they did, they wouldn't be in business long.  If you're going to call a group of people idiotic, you should know what you're talking about; otherwise, you're in danger of becoming what you accuse other of being...

• Like 1

Matt King

1 minute ago, kingm56 said:

LOL...Tired of people spouting off without taking a minute to think and/or research the subject.  Seriously, what company starts talking about their trade secrets months before said product is ready to sell!? If they did, they wouldn't be in business long.  If you're going to call a group of people idiotic, you should know what you're talking about; otherwise, you're in danger of becoming what you accuse other of being...

Oh I agree with you - I'm not surprised with their technique..

If anything, I worry they may have started the hype and information train perhaps a bit too early relative to when release will be.

1 minute ago, irrics said:

Oh I agree with you - I'm not surprised with their technique..

If anything, I worry they may have started the hype and information train perhaps a bit too early relative to when release will be.

That's fair...

Matt King

Updates for updates wooohoo!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

“Update to an update about an update” – AVSIM member post

Well, at least they seem to be aware that the earlier update today didn't go over so well with the community, and thankfully they kicked the can down the road with another date to anticipate for some actual news about FS2020, not FSX.  It's still not what I wanted to see today, but we can't all get what we want I suppose.

I don't think they need to adjust entire reveal schedules and such, but just a few more screenshots or videos from the current build in action would go a tremendous way towards keeping people happy.  We simply want to see more of this new sim, its really that simple.

I’m surprised to see so much negativity over the gradual rollout of information for a game not a single person here knew existed two moths ago.

Edited by HurricaneKid93
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, kingm56 said:

10 years before you...

I've been here for almost 30 years.  Don't judge people by simply hovering over their screen name.  I've had 3 logins during that time frame. Same username, different decades.  Seems petty to me comparing longevity.

Anyone expecting this before the Holiday 2020 season is too young to remember the history of these releases. We have about a year to wait.  In the meantime, any news is good news.  The news will never be as frequent as you wish and will never answer all of your questions.  Marketing 101.

• Upvote 1

Lastly, whining will not advance your cause. 3 months ago, you had nothing to look forward to, absolutely nothing. Now there is a future.  Give it time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CarlHill said:

I've been here for almost 30 years.  Don't judge people by simply hovering over their screen name.  I've had 3 logins during that time frame. Same username, different decades.  Seems petty to me comparing longevity.

Didn't judge anyone; simply responding to a question.  Your 30 years is impressive considering AVSIM has only been around for 22 ish...

BTW, do you see the irony of your post? 

Edited by kingm56
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

6 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Didn't judge anyone; simply responding to a question.  Your 30 years is impressive considering AVSIM has only been around for 22 ish...

BTW, do you see the irony of your post? 

I've been around since 2000 (maybe before)... I remember even getting banned by Tom Allensworth (R.I.P) back in 2001 prior to the release of FS2002 because I said that MS should get off their lazy butts and release FS2002 🙂

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

I've been around since 2000 (maybe before)... I remember even getting banned by Tom Allensworth (R.I.P) back in 2001 prior to the release of FS2002 because I said that MS should get off their lazy butts and release FS2002.

Good ole days, Matt!  When MS released a new sim every 2 years...

Matt King

22 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I've been around since 2000 (maybe before)... I remember even getting banned by Tom Allensworth (R.I.P) back in 2001 prior to the release of FS2002 because I said that MS should get off their lazy butts and release FS2002 🙂

lol you got banned for that?  I guess I'm not surprised....this place used to be a little interesting.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some of you are being far too critical of the MS developers.  We are lucky that they have created an insider program and that they are communicating with us at all.  They even went so far as to tell us that they follow these forums and actually want our feedback.

Good grief.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

16 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Some of you are being far too critical of the MS developers.  We are lucky that they have created an insider program and that they are communicating with us at all.  They even went so far as to tell us that they follow these forums and actually want our feedback.

Good grief.

Dave

MS are running a business and they are big boys…they can handle some critical feedback  

They are lucky to have us as customers as much as we are lucky to have them developing and communicating. 

Let’s please not put them on some pedestal as gods that we need to bow before here.