Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Development Update - Dev Roadmap Preview Coming Aug 15

When reading that update announcement, I suddenly got the feeling, that I was watching a TV commercial from TWINS.com ... 

But wait there’s more!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

MS developers should know that the ones being critical of these lackluster updates only means they too are eager to see this game.  Lots of interest gaining for this new sim.  I hope Microsoft makes a lot of sales on it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guys, In-Sim content will be available in less than a week! That's what they announced 2 weeks ago so no problem here.

The FSX announcement was a bit scary for me but talking about FSX before the real development update was just about playing with us I think 🙂

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, irrics said:

If anything, I worry they may have started the hype and information train perhaps a bit too early relative to when release will be.

Quite possible. I guess the E3 was the reason. They just couldn't let this opportunity pass.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

This secondary update is a whole lot better than the 'we took back control of FSX' announcement.  Even though this is just another update to preview the August roadmap, I appreciate the transparency instead of wondering whats happening.  Perhaps our expectations are too high in these early stages. This is clearly a massive project, and laying groundwork and sharing that without breaking internal NDAs is probably not the easiest. 

Keep them coming.  I think its great to have frequent updates. Its up to the reader to decipher whether to read it or not and whether its useful to them or not. 

• Like 4

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 hours ago, jymp said:

ask us what's needed, what could be made better etc. all for the NEW MS Flight Simulator

Yeah, ask us! What could go wrong? I'm sure we can come up with an unanimously agreed list of requirements that REALLY NEED to be in a flightsim in no time! Those amateurs at MS really need some community expertise, have they ever done something aviation related?

7 hours ago, HurricaneKid93 said:

I’m surprised to see so much negativity over the gradual rollout of information for a game not a single person here knew existed two moths ago.

This!

Whatever they do, its wrong. I'm not sure if we really deserve a next gen sim, the entitlement of this community is unbearable and some still spell MS with a dollar sign...a bit childish, isnt it?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Actually, what we know now is when we will get:

• Advanced preview of the Development Roadmap
  • In-Sim” content – clips captured from build.
  • Preview Build Program – Detailed information on first build deliverable, Insider participation sign-up

And that is in 6 days.

So if all of this is true, next update will be a very concrete one.

• Like 2

I hope MS realise they’re not dealing with Call of Duty type people.

we are serious people that use serious hardware. Costing serious money.

So, on the next update there needs to be some meat on the bone.

most of us here, I think, has been in this hobby, interest, for a long time , many years. 

We've seen this many times over with 3rd party developers. Lots of hype...then a deflating “update”. 

Let’s not make it stale before we’ve even opened it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Luke Pype

11 hours ago, cepact said:

This whole mess is thanks to marketing people social science etc kind of bs that big companies recruit and they gave useless stupid ideas

From the moment they released the trailer the developers should be free to talk to anyone about the project about anything there is no need to have a complex plan , hiding stuff until certain date etc. Totally idiotic

Yup. That's marketing for you, 99 percent buzz and 1 percent content. Reminds me of when I was at college (studying art and design). As part of the course, we had to do some stuff on marketing and there was an exam too. I passed that exam with a 96 percent mark, and this was in spite of putting sarcastic and utterly contemptuous answers on my test paper, which included this one:

Question: Define marketing.

My answer: Marketing is the art of putting a previously unreleased song, which wasn't good enough to make it onto the album and isn't worth listening to either, onto the B-side of your single, so that your fans have to buy the album and the single as well. That's what marketing is.

Some years later when I was working in adverising agencies as a designer, whenever I was in a meeting with anyone who was 'from marketing', I would make a point of coming out with preposterous 'buzz phrases' which I would completely make up on the spot, but I would pass these off in the conversation as though they were phrases which were 'in' and genuinely in use. Nine times out of ten those marketing people were so up their own @rse and desperate to appear to know all the trends, that they would nod enthusiastically whenever I came out with one of these utterly stupid buzz phrases, and some of those that I made up for a laugh are now genuinely in circulation amongst those morons. I still hear some of those phrases, or variations of them, which I made up, from time to time coming from one of those idiots.

This incidentally, is a fun thing to do if you are ever at boring meetings and want to amuse yourself. Other things you can do is try throwing in intellectual sounding, but completely irrelevant latin phrases followed by the words 'as they say' into the conversation and watch as people too afraid to admit that they don't understand what you just said, will nod sagely at you. Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum, as they say.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Now we are just waiting another week for new information to read that we have to wait another week for new information. Microsoft, information are facts, and not information when we get new information. Disappointed about Microsoft's approach!

34 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Disappointed about Microsoft's approach!

Oh, come on people.  Let's all go ride a bike, make a cheese sandwich or a cup of tea. People are seriously way too wound up.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Oh, come on people.  Let's all go ride a bike, make a cheese sandwich or a cup of tea. People are seriously way too wound up.

Well this here's what we plan to plan to preview is saying nothing...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

So if all of this is true, next update will be a very concrete one.

To be fair, until yesterday we thought the August 8th update would be a concrete one too.

People are just disappointed because they are very interested in learning more about the new sim, and what we got instead was info about the 13 year old previous version.  No one wanted to hear about plans for FSX.  Yesterday's update did not meet expectations, hence people are miffed about it.

I'd love to think next Thursday we will learn more details about FS2020 itself but truthfully I'm not certain we will.  I feel like on the 15th we might only get a schedule of when more updates will be coming and what they might contain, a roadmap like they stated.  No screenshots, no feature lists, no videos, just "an update on future updates".  That's what I expect to see next week, so I'm tempering my expectations to a much more conservative level than they were for yesterday.  To me it doesn't sound like Microsoft is ready to really tell us much more than they have already with regards to the actual sim itself.

I'd love to be wrong, of course!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mengy said:

To be fair, until yesterday we thought the August 8th update would be a concrete one too.

People are just disappointed because they are very interested in learning more about the new sim, and what we got instead was info about the 13 year old previous version.  No one wanted to hear about plans for FSX.  Yesterday's update did not meet expectations, hence people are miffed about it.

I'd love to think next Thursday we will learn more details about FS2020 itself but truthfully I'm not certain we will.  I feel like on the 15th we might only get a schedule of when more updates will be coming and what they might contain, a roadmap like they stated.  No screenshots, no feature lists, no videos, just "an update on future updates".  That's what I expect to see next week, so I'm tempering my expectations to a much more conservative level than they were for yesterday.  To me it doesn't sound like Microsoft is ready to really tell us much more than they have already with regards to the actual sim itself.

I'd love to be wrong, of course!

I'll repeat myself here, and don't get me wrong, I was expecting more meat from yesterday, so again

In-Sim” content and Detailed information on first build deliverable on August 15th. That is what we will get among advanced roadmap.

We all are excited here and want screenshots and videos, but why don't you choose to read all the information that is provided to you, but only a third and then say this won't be enough?

I can't understand that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

I'll repeat myself here, and don't get me wrong, I was expecting more meat from yesterday, so again

In-Sim” content and Detailed information on first build deliverable on August 15th. That is what we will get among advanced roadmap.

We all are excited here and want screenshots and videos, but why don't you choose to read all the information that is provided to you, but only a third and then say this won't be enough?

I can't understand that.

I hope you are right and my gut feeling is wrong, truly I do, however nowhere in yesterday's update did they mention anything about "in sim content" for the 15th.  This is what they stated would be in the next few updates:

AUGUST 15th – Insider Program Kickoff (preview of Development Roadmap Release)
AUGUST 22nd – Development Roadmap Release (General Release)
AUGUST 29th – Build Program Kickoff

I'm just going off of what they stated in yesterday's update.  Sounds to me like next week will be a preview of the roadmap and Insider program start (likely the forums will open up and thats where the preview will be), the 22nd will be the actual public roadmap, and the 29th will be the beta program kickoff.  

Going from that list I am not expecting to see any new info on the new sim next week, just a preview of a schedule for the Insiders.  Again I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like they chose their words carefully to not build false expectations.  

• Upvote 2