Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

Installing RXP GTN 650 into DC-6?

So i wanted to know if there was a way to put the RXP GTN in the VC. I added the 2d panel but i wasnt able to have the GTN 650 VC because i couldn't select it in the Realism Options. I never bought the Flight1 GTN, but i was wondering if there was a way to bypass this and add the RXP GTN in the VC anyway? I've tried editing the f1_gtn650 panel.cfg but to no avail the DC-6 is still using the GNS VC because i it still in GNS 430 mode in realism options.

6 hours ago, arwasairl said:

So i wanted to know if there was a way to put the RXP GTN in the VC

Where is there enough real estate...?

EDIT: I was thinking of the 750.

Isn't it one of the selectable options in the options panel?

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Where is there enough real estate...?

EDIT: I was thinking of the 750.

Isn't it one of the selectable options in the options panel?

Yes but this is for the Flight1 GTN 650, but i wanted to know if there was a way to put the RXP GTN 650.

A very late reply, but I managed to do it (after much searching and some help from RealityXP).

As I don't own the Flight 1 GPS, I couldn't use the wizzard tool to replace the Flight 1 (as PMDG manager didn't let me install the Flight 1 without owning it - option was greyed out).

However, if you just put a blank text file in the gauges folder and rename it "f1gtn.dll" you can the load up the DC-6 with the Flight 1 650 (which will just be a blank screen) and then use the RealityXP wizzard to replace it with the RealityXP 650 (make sure to tick the no bezel option).

The only things that will not work are the buttons on the bezel, but I have programmed a button on my throttle quadrant to do the direct to function!

I know this reply is late, but it might help someone in the future and save them 2 days of searching (which it took me)

beta.gif

56 minutes ago, NeilC said:

The only things that will not work are the buttons on the bezel, but I have programmed a button on my throttle quadrant to do the direct to function!

You should be able to use the F1vc.xml file to make the buttons work..if it matters to you.

Bert