Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Any reviews from RealWorldScenery customers ?

I have three RWS scenery areas of Greece Photoreal installed in FSX. The visuals are very good. Used in combination with FlyTampa's Athens I see no problems. It isn't FL, of course, so this might not be of much help to you.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Looks like these are on sale at the moment. Any others have some feedback on the quality of these packs?

- Aaron

Keep in mind that this is only autogen! You need a photoscenery. for instance MegaSceneryEarth

For the USA, I like Nuvecta autogen more. There are many empty places in RWS.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I have been using it since their beginning. . Its basically just autogen for your photoscenery. You have to have the photoscenery though. It doesn't come with it. I've used it with ortho scenery I made with Ortho4XP, and also with MegaScenery. It is easy to install, doesn't take up much space, and quick to download. It isn't spectacular, but it is far better than a flat world with photoscenery and no autogen. And for the price, you really can't go wrong.

Edited by monica6211
removed wrong reference

41 minutes ago, slait said:

Looks like these are on sale at the moment. Any others have some feedback on the quality of these packs?

Nuvecta landscapes is better.  Had RWS for a couple states and it was horrible.  

Edited by mpw8679
  • Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

27 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Nuvecta landscapes is better.  Had RWS for a couple states and it was horrible.  

That is good to know. I have tried both, and couldn't really see any difference. I'll have to check them out more thoroughly. I have been thinking RWS was better. I'll check them out again. Thank you.

Thanks for the timely feedback.

- Aaron

As others have said, some of their products are autogen only, such as the one linked in the OP. However, others include autogen. The price is a good indicator of which one it is! I have a couple of their sceneries which include photoreal scenery and the autogen on top, such as their Cyprus, NY state VFR, and some middlea eastern sceneries (Qatar, Kuwait, UAE), but these vary somewhat in quality. The NY VFR is very good, and their Cyprus is also nice. The middle eastern one sare not that great as lots of buildings are missing due to missing data. I kind of wish they would revisit them and redid the autogen by inferring autogen placement from the photoreal scenery. There are other developers out there doing that, and as a matter of fact I'mpretty sure that is why Nuvecta's USA autogen tends to look better than RWS's. Because as others have said, for coverage entire states with autogen, Nuvecta seems to do a better job at it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

43 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

That is good to know. I have tried both, and couldn't really see any difference. I'll have to check them out more thoroughly. I have been thinking RWS was better. I'll check them out again. Thank you.

It might depend on what state but for Wyoming it was HORRIBLE.  I had more trees in lakes then on dry ground.

Matt Wilson

4 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

It might depend on what state but for Wyoming it was HORRIBLE.  I had more trees in lakes then on dry ground.

Yes, one of the drawbacks to autogen scenery packs. When Nuvecta was just getting started, I bought Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. The Ohio river was full of trees. But I contacted their support, and they fixed it right away. Within a day or two I had a patch for it. I noticed today that their web site is under construction. Hope it is not a bad sign.

I have the Greece collection and it looks very realistic.

Howeverr, there are 3 places with issues and several times in a year and a half he promised to fix them. But he never did ...

Issues :

- CTD around Thessaloniki ( made a replacement part myself )

- left part of Athens has only trees

- Heraklion ( Crete ) center has only trees ( took the photo bgl out and had OLC +Vector showing the city )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Picked up RWS-PORTUGAL 3D ENVIRONMENT dirt cheap from their site because I wanted to add some vegetation, houses, and trees to my photo package, but even though the product page says "Over 1.5 million buildings and houses & A full assortment of vegetation covering all types of foliage," I do not see any houses or trees.

Just night lighting which I will be disabling because I don't need it.

Any ideas of what's missing?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Has anyone tried RWS-Italy 3D ENVIRONMENT? Does it deliver what is promised on the product page? The pics look great and I want it.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 hours ago, DJJose said:

Picked up RWS-PORTUGAL 3D ENVIRONMENT dirt cheap from their site because I wanted to add some vegetation, houses, and trees to my photo package, but even though the product page says "Over 1.5 million buildings and houses & A full assortment of vegetation covering all types of foliage," I do not see any houses or trees.

Just night lighting which I will be disabling because I don't need it.

Any ideas of what's missing?

Did you put all AGN files in a Texture folder inside your Portugal folder next to the scenery folder with Photo bgl files ?

Portugal 

|                   |

scenery.       texture
|.                  |
bgl.              agn

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0