Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Any reviews from RealWorldScenery customers ?

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Did you put all AGN files in a Texture folder inside your Portugal folder next to the scenery folder with Photo bgl files ?

Portugal 

|                   |

scenery.       texture
|.                  |
bgl.              agn

You're a genius. I was about to try that because the freeware installs as you stated. The RWS-PORTUGAL 3D ENVIRONMENT version comes with a main folder and inside it has the scenery & texture folder. I simply added that as a new scenery to the scenery library. That did not work, but adding the texture folder to the main Portugal photo scenery does work. Thanks!

This means that I can order Italy and add the scenery & texture folders to the Italy photo scenery package.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I purchased and installed RealWorld Scenery Florida (4 separate packages but much cheaper if you buy all 4 at one time) and I enjoy it.  First time ever I could fly over my house and actually see it which is cool.   However, the scenery is about 6 or 7 years old so a lot of things have changed.  I'm having a small issue with strips of scenery not appearing properly and have asked at their forum about it.

Except for that, I have no regrets purchasing it.   I plan to purchase the 3D autogen to go with it.

Under 1500 feet it's not all that great but above that it gets really nice.   Under 1500 feet the resolution is not so crisp.

But again.  If you want to fly over and see the real world, it's pretty good.

Here's a screen shot of the issue.   It seems to have problems with certain places in strips.   For some reason I have to be practically right on top of these areas for them to pop into place properly, then they revert back as soon as I fly past if I look in the rearview.

I posted a help post over at their forum.  If they resolve the issue for me I'll post back what they had me do.

wZ78Wjs.jpg

Another areas around KFXE.  WAG it looks likes it's happening where individual BGL files are coming together.

ZxcII59.jpg

And one more looking straight down at this....whatever it is......

bVTi5xZ.jpg

Edited by KFXE

8 hours ago, KFXE said:

I purchased and installed RealWorld Scenery Florida (4 separate packages but much cheaper if you buy all 4 at one time) and I enjoy it.  First time ever I could fly over my house and actually see it which is cool.   However, the scenery is about 6 or 7 years old so a lot of things have changed.  I'm having a small issue with strips of scenery not appearing properly and have asked at their forum about it.

Except for that, I have no regrets purchasing it.   I plan to purchase the 3D autogen to go with it.

Under 1500 feet it's not all that great but above that it gets really nice.   Under 1500 feet the resolution is not so crisp.

But again.  If you want to fly over and see the real world, it's pretty good.

Here's a screen shot of the issue.   It seems to have problems with certain places in strips.   For some reason I have to be practically right on top of these areas for them to pop into place properly, then they revert back as soon as I fly past if I look in the rearview.

I posted a help post over at their forum.  If they resolve the issue for me I'll post back what they had me do.

Another areas around KFXE.  WAG it looks likes it's happening where individual BGL files are coming together.

And one more looking straight down at this....whatever it is......

I was considering this option or MegaScenery Florida v3. I have many FL airports all with their own photo including ORBX Orlando.

So far for me RW 3D e-mail support has been non-existent. But, at the current price, it's understandable.

Edited by DJJose

Oh boy....UPDATE to my post above.....

In the post I made above with photos, I totally forgot that I had removed and re-installed FSX due to various issues......and had not yet reinstalled SP1 and SP2.

Doing so eliminated all the problems I was having.  My apologies to RW Scenery.

Now I absolutely love it.

Edited by KFXE

17 minutes ago, KFXE said:

Oh boy....UPDATE to my post above.....

In the post I made above with photos, I totally forgot that I had removed and re-installed FSX due to various issues......and had not yet reinstalled SP1 and SP2.

Doing so eliminated all the problems I was having.  My apologies to RW Scenery.

Now I absolutely love it.

Great news even for P3D v4 users like me. Thanks!

What are the 4 parts of FL that you bought?

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Great news even for P3D v4 users like me. Thanks!

What are the 4 parts of FL that you bought?

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - NORTHWEST - FSX

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - NORTHEAST - FSX

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - CENTRAL - FSX

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - SOUTHERN - FSX

(I just now realized this is a P3D section)

Edited by KFXE

11 minutes ago, KFXE said:

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - NORTHWEST - FSX

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - NORTHEAST - FSX

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - CENTRAL - FSX

REALWORLD SCENERY - FLORIDA - SOUTHERN - FSX

(I just now realized this is a P3D section)

I only saw north & south in their website.

Did you also get Florida 3D & do you highly recommend this version of Florida?

Thanks!

Jose

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

I only saw north & south in their website.

Did you also get Florida 3D & do you highly recommend this version of Florida?

Thanks!

Jose

Go to this page at SimMarket.....then scroll about 3/4 of the page down or search the page for "Florida".  There you will find 4 files, NorthEast, NorthWest, Central and South Florida.

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-north-america-page-5.chtml

Yes, I purchased and installed the 3D for the Florida scenery.

First impressions....it does indeed add LOTS of structures.   So many in fact that I had to reduce the autogen settings because I began to get a bit of stuttering.The structures appear to be carefully placed for the most part as they do seem to appear where they are supposed to (superimposed over the picture of the structure on the texture). 

As far as night time lighting.....I wasn't very impressed.  There is a considerable amount of street lights and some other lights I can't really figure out, but overall, the night lighting in this 3D package is not even a fraction of the night lighting you would get with a package like Mega-Scenery.  Or even native FSX.

Let me say this...in my opinion, this is a DAYTIME use add-on.   They even say this in their documentation.

I still have some issues with texture flickering.  I've tried all kinds of settings both to FSX and to the Nvidia control panel but nothing seems to reduce it.  It's not a deal breaker and the scenery is well worth the price, but I do wish the flickering was not there.

Would I recommend it.  Probably.  it depends on what you're looking for.  If you want to fly over an area during the day and actually see it as it would mostly appear (the scenery is at least 5 years out of date) while flying over then definitely.  Just be advised that development in many areas can be rapid and a lot of what you see today is not in the scenery files.   I would make a WAG that it is still 80% accurate or something like that.   But you can follow roads easily and I like that.

Overall, if you are looking to fly in the daytime and see familiar territory underneath you, this is a great choice.   I will use it often.

Edited by KFXE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KFXE said:

Yes, I purchased and installed the 3D for the Florida scenery.

First impressions....it does indeed add LOTS of structures.   So many in fact that I had to reduce the autogen settings because I began to get a bit of stuttering.The structures appear to be carefully placed for the most part as the do seem to appear where they are supposed to (superimposed over the picture of the structure on the texture). 

As far as night time lighting.....I wan't very impressed.  There is a considerable amount of street lights and some other lights I can't really figure out, but overall, the night lighting in this 3D package is not even a fraction of the night lighting you would get with a package like Megascenery.

Let me say this...in my opinion, this is a DAYTIME use add-on.   They even say this in their documentation.

I still have some issues with texture flickering.  I've tried all kinds of settings both to FSX and to the Nvidia control panel but nothing seems to reduce it.  It's not a deal breaker and the scenery is well worth the price, but I do wish the flickering was not there.

Would I recommend it.  Probably.  it depends on what you're looking for.  If you want to fly over an area during the day and actually see it as it would mostly appear (the scenery is at least 5 years out of date) while flying over then definitely.  Just be advised that development in many areas can be rapid and a lot of what you see today is not in the scenery files.   I would make a WAG that it is still 80% accurate or something like that.   But you can follow roads easily and I like that.

Overall, if you are looking to fly in the daytime and see familiar territory underneath you, this is a great choice.   I will use it often.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. There isn't that much info or reviews on this or Megascenery Florida v3 to make an educate decision. I'm looking forward to ORBX TE Florida. I might need to buy the XP version because I'm really concerned that it might not be released before MSFS2020. I was only considering this option because I prefer P3D v4 over XP 11. Dev support for RWS add-ons is also non existent and I want something that works without too many issues.

So after a few more hours of flying RealWorld Scenery Florida SOUTH......

I reinstalled some files and cleaned up some problems and now.....no flickering.....and for me, I could never again enjoy FSX without this scenery.

I give it my highest recommendations.  

I did not reinstall the 3D offering since I suspect (no proof) that that may be what caused a lot of the flickering I was having.

Beautiful now.  As if I'm in a real plane flying over the real area.   Can't get any better except "maybe" MS Flight Sim 2020?

On 1/21/2020 at 7:41 PM, KFXE said:

So after a few more hours of flying RealWorld Scenery Florida SOUTH......

I reinstalled some files and cleaned up some problems and now.....no flickering.....and for me, I could never again enjoy FSX without this scenery.

I give it my highest recommendations.  

I did not reinstall the 3D offering since I suspect (no proof) that that may be what caused a lot of the flickering I was having.

Beautiful now.  As if I'm in a real plane flying over the real area.   Can't get any better except "maybe" MS Flight Sim 2020?

Hi Guys,

I purchased the RWS-Florida scenery from the developer website directly yesterday. I wasn't quite sure how to install it, but I managed to download the 2nd part (NW Florida 17 files - How I missed part 1 I dunno) and was able to install it. I can't download any of the files from the developer page now. I get an HTTP error 'page not found.' 

I got all four from the RWS sight for $15 and change, but now I can't download the other three parts (hmmmm?)

I guess, by luck, I wrote a message to them on FB last night in messenger and was answered immediately! It was Tim, who is the developer. He gave me good instructions on how to install. BUT, now I can't get the other 3 packages to download from the site. I put in a message and email into him. Perhaps he'll get back to me. He said if I needed any more help to let him know.

I've been 'flying' all over Florida and am anxious to see how the scenery looks. I did go ahead an get ORBX Orlando as well. DJJose, are you happy with it? 

I'm going to go fire up the sim and see how things look, if any different... and hoping I can get the other three parts downloaded.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, 

Jeff ... aka beck

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

3 hours ago, Beckanator said:

Hi Guys,

DJJose, are you happy with it? 

I'm going to go fire up the sim and see how things look, if any different... and hoping I can get the other three parts downloaded.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, 

Jeff ... aka beck

I download each section into the same folder, then there's a small file that downloads which extracts all the zipped files into a chosen folder. I created a folder called RSW Florida Photo, then a Scenery folder inside the folder. I extracted all the files into the scenery folder. In total about 130 GIG.

The user has do do that for all four sections. I tested the scenery and I found it abhorrent. The textures were nothing like the website. White patches all over the place, some red areas, and the coastlines look like oRBX vector.

I deleted it right away and stuck with MSE FL V3 with RWS FL 3D. The AG is abundant but there are trees on many lakes, shorelines, and the lighting has a performance hit.

I'd advice anyone interested in FL photo to wait until ORBX release TE FL.

Edited by DJJose

I had no trouble downloading all the files.  Albeit slow.

from the air above 2500ft, the scenery is awesome.  Totally makes the flights realistic to me.  A bit dated (Like 7 years ago ish?), but still looking around from any altitude above about 2,500 ft is awesome.   You'll want to turn off RWS for night flying.

Edited by KFXE
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:10 PM, KFXE said:

I had no trouble downloading all the files.  Albeit slow.

from the air above 2500ft, the scenery is awesome.  Totally makes the flights realistic to me.  A bit dated (Like 7 years ago ish?), but still looking around from any altitude above about 2,500 ft is awesome.   You'll want to turn off RWS for night flying.

KFXE Yes, I found the same thing as you.

I contacted the developer on FB and happened to catch him (Tim)  as he responded right away. There was a problem initially with Dropbox and downloading the files, but he resolved it. I then followed his suggestions to get the files into my scenery library. The downloads were slow, each part took about an hour each. 

Used Free Download Manager (FDM) to download the files
Used 7-Zip to extract them
Put all the files into one folder (e.g. RWS-Florida) and then ran the .exe file from each module (NE, NW, CTRL, SOUTH) to install them

BTW, you have to make sure the sim time of season is set to summer. Winter makes those white patches as DJJose mentioned. 

Looks great from 2500+ as you said,. which is what I was looking for. 😉 

Edited by Beckanator
added a sentance

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

I got Florida South, Central and North West working.

So far, I have a persistent problem with the North East scenery reporting errors during decompression / unpacking.

I have not yet been able to install or use the NorthEast scenery.  Still trying.