Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Any reviews from RealWorldScenery customers ?

The only thing that really annoys me about their products is that while decompressing the bgls is done at high speed when it gets to decompressing the .agn files it takes forever. An example I bought Greece Photoreal North and South and it took nearly one hour to decompress the .agn files and that is on one of the 6 compressed files that make up the scenery. Does anyone know if removing the agn files affects the actual photoreal bgl files?

regards

.agn these are trees and buildings. does not affect the photoreal bgl

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

6 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

The only thing that really annoys me about their products is that while decompressing the bgls is done at high speed when it gets to decompressing the .agn files it takes forever. An example I bought Greece Photoreal North and South and it took nearly one hour to decompress the .agn files and that is on one of the 6 compressed files that make up the scenery. Does anyone know if removing the agn files affects the actual photoreal bgl files?

regards

That's because there are probably hundreds of these small-sized agn files, and is simple limitation of well... computers in general. You will always find that working with huge amount sof tiny files (copying, pasting, decompressing etc) will always take seemingly more time than working with few big files. However, this has absolutely no effect on the performance of the sim, insofar as the amount of autogen objects defined in those files can be handled by your computer while flying, of course. So, RWS cannot do anything about this...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated guys, was just annoyed to spendso much time extracting and installing 12 zip files