Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Orbx Central 4 always online ....?

Most of the time I dive straight in - somehow 😇 in this case I knew to wait for the dust to settle.🤸‍♂️ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pracines said:

Most of the time I dive straight in - somehow 😇 in this case I knew to wait for the dust to settle.🤸‍♂️ 

Yes.  I'm the same way!  I usually trust too much and dive in as well. For some unknown reason, something inside me told me to stay away from this new version of FTX Central.  I will patiently wait until there is an "all clear" on this installation.  Again, all I want is a ONE CLICK install that puts everything in its place and doesn't destroy anything existing.

Stan

• Upvote 1

It's kind of mind-boggling that they released this software knowing full well that it wouldn't integrate correctly with other .XML scenery entries. Completely defeats the purpose of switching to XML. 

My 'workaround' ended up being going into Lobby's Addon Organizer, fixing everything, deleting my scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg, letting the sim rebuild them, and not touching Orbx Central again until Orbx figures their sh*t out.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

One can avoid the present mess by running Central 4, not migrating any existing products to the new folder and not buying any new products for P3d4. Oh wait , is that what ORBX is trying to tell us?

Edited by jabloomf1230

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One can avoid the present mess by running Central 4, not migrating any existing products to the new folder and not buying any new products for P3d4. Oh wait , is that what ORBX is trying to tell us?

They virtually lost me anyway. There aren't too many new P3D4 products and I completely stopped buying X11 products in the mean time.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

To AnkH

Your attempt at sarcasm does not suit you.

I have way more than 2 products. Yes really!

If you cannot see that all I tried to do was to tell of my experience upon installing, then I give up.

You are beyond redemption.

Funnily enough, I always used to value your opinions, but now?????

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

You used the two products as a test then, fair enough. Did the library still not show a mess after migrating the rest of your products? If yes, you are definitively one of the few, lucky you. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well, in the FWIW department - on two systems:

1) my orbx system with global, vector, landclass, regions and other goodies - updated and migrated. Scenery library was fine. I expected that since this system is all orbx.

2) Main system uses GEXP3d, UTX and orbx regions and some airports. - updated and did NOT migrate. Had to make one selection to maintain the Orbx insertion point (they wanted the top of the scenery library) and all is well.

IMHO, if you plan on migraing and converting ORBX to the xml method - wait a bit until they work out some layering kinks. Getting back to a specific layering order on a complex install will be a big problem for many people. Not that it cannot be done but it will take much more effort than it should.

If you have no issues with the scenery order, Central 4 works quite well.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Completely agree!. Did the same as you suggest and ORBX Central is not messing up anything here. No rush to migrate or anything else until everything is properly tested. I will probably buy a new scenery when ORBX releases something of interest to me and at that time I'll test the installations outside the sim, but not for now.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ankh,

Just to complete the story. I did nothing. The whole update was automatic, Orbx chose the updates.

I have only migrated one product to see what happened.

I do not see the need to migrate anything immediately, as it makes no difference to P3D as far as I can see.

I did try the insertion point option and that just moved all the Orbx products to below my payware airports.

No catastrophic mess....yet.

Regards

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

18 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Ankh,

Just to complete the story. I did nothing. The whole update was automatic, Orbx chose the updates.

In "Settings" there's an option to disable automatic updates, and also the options to individually disable automatic updates per specific add-on. So, ORBX would not choose anything unless you let them to decide.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Does anyone know where the Vector configuration tool is in the new OC?

Vic green

I'm back to Central 3. P3D load times are totally unacceptable via xml method.  Also, the scenery priorities are completely jacked, insertion library does not work as intended.  It seems I spend more time fixing things that weren't broken than actual flying. This hobby will be the death of me.  

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

edpatino

You're missing the point.

I know there is a setting to disable any update. What I am saying is that "out of the box" this is what happened with a freshly installed Central.

It updated itself and then found two of my Orbx programs which needed updating and did that with no intervention on my part.

A perfect example of why XP11 and just putting a simple shortcut to the scenery located anywhere else is simple far superior in my view. I hate this xml stuff.

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3