Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The Learjet 35A version 4.2g is now available

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

Any of you could possibly post more shots of the new VC  ( textures) ?

Thanks

Just click on Mark's link above.

bob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Just click on Mark's link above.

Seems like that's a link to FB?  The link is blocked here, just as FB is.

Greg

6 hours ago, lownslo said:

Seems like that's a link to FB?  The link is blocked here, just as FB is.

Greg

If you can't access FB for some reason, here are a couple of the FB VC pics. They are screen shot captures so aren't has good as the original pics.

Al

0cba8d4f8f.JPGf676ce8f60.JPG

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

k3m1z9.jpgxp25wy.jpg5khjlt.jpg

Edited by vcarlo
correct url
  • Like 1

WAT1460.png

Not sure if all comments to the new update are wanted here or should be in a new thread, but here goes anyway:-

Thanks for the great textures.  On my monitor the colour balance doesn't seem quite right - the pale cockpit interior in the photos posted earlier has become a yellow-green tint - not had any other colour problems previously.

The new dynamic outside lights look great on the ground and the landing/taxi lights are a huge improvements from inside the cockpit lighting the ground.  But there seems to be a downside:  in flight the red beacon and the white anti-collision lights are so weak that they aren't visible fifty feet away from the aircraft by day, and are not a lot better by night! (This is in my P3D4.5).

I've flown two test flights in P3D4.5, and the engine power seems to have been downgraded a huge amount (or the drag has been increased).  At 16500 lbs AUW (well below max) I needed almost max power to fly.  The first T/O at Palm Springs at high OAT (38 C) resulted in my struggling to climb at all using the climb settings I've previously used (90% Turbine).  Having hit a mountain, I then moved to Europe and more normal OATs and tried again.  Still struggled to get any climb performance.  Eventually I got to FL290 where with an OAT of -19 C I found I could maintain M 0.76 cruise with the Turbines at 92% and the Fans at 89% continuous.  Not much left for further climb!  Previously these settings flying level would have shot me through the barbers pole...  Was this what was intended or is something amiss with my installation?

Ariel

Seeing the same huge decrease in performance.. plus I can only use the spoiler once before it stops working. The new sounds are generally really good, but the transition from idle to thrust sounds a bit odd. This was better in the previous soundset. The GA mode locks in when selected and can't be turned off again, only reloading the airplane helps.

The autopilot struggles more (a LOT more.. +/- 1000fpm changes..) to keep the speed in SPD mode. Also following the pseudo-GS in the GTN VNAV mode isn't the nicest thing, plus you can't select a level-off altitude, as this cancels GS again. But all this might be intended- real world autopilots might be good and helpful, but nowhere near perfect as we're used to it in the sim.

Other than that, it's a huge improvement. Amazing how this product is kept alive and is getting better and better! For me (still) the best bizzer in the market.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

5 hours ago, Ariel said:

Thanks for the great textures.  On my monitor the colour balance doesn't seem quite right - the pale cockpit interior in the photos posted earlier has become a yellow-green tint - not had any other colour problems previously.

Haven't experienced this issue, I texture with true RGB settings on my monitor, and as far as I can tell no other user has had an issue. I would check your HDR settings in P3D, and go over your monitor settings. That's unfortunately the best solution/advice I can give you.

5 hours ago, Ariel said:

The new dynamic outside lights look great on the ground and the landing/taxi lights are a huge improvements from inside the cockpit lighting the ground.  But there seems to be a downside:  in flight the red beacon and the white anti-collision lights are so weak that they aren't visible fifty feet away from the aircraft by day, and are not a lot better by night! (This is in my P3D4.5).

I haven't noticed any issues with the lighting like this. If you mean the Beacon orbs are not visible, that would be because they are small and the Dynamic Lighting has taken over the beacon effect. Only so much you can do in the sim. 
If that's not the issue, then I suggest reinstalling to see if that fixes it.

Edited by Wickedbacon92

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

On 8/12/2019 at 1:10 PM, vcarlo said:

Loving everything so far  :wub:... couple of things I've noticed >>>

No sound when testing "FIRE DET"

No sound from turning on Fasten Seat Belt or No Smoke/Fasten Seat Belt

Forgot to turn on Fuel Pumps and the engines still fired up fine

Unable to determine how to save the cold and dark state...

I really love all the new sounds - thanks so much, the new textures are awesome !! 

-There is no audible fire warning in the LR-JET series airplanes, being the Lear 23 through the Lear 55. The only indication of an engine fire is the flashing fire T-Handle, and associated master warning. As a result, there shouldn't be a sound associated with either the annunciator or FIRE DET test. Pressing the annunciator test button will make the handles flash, but only tests that the bulbs are working. Moving the rotary test knob to the FIRE DET position and testing, tests the integrity of the fire loops. If one handle fails to flash on the FIRE DET test, there's an issue with the loop in that engine.

-Some Lear's have a chime, some don't. Unfortunately I couldn't record an accurate tone, so the only way to keep it accurate was to represent one without the chime.

-The only fuel pumps on the Lear that are controllable by the pilot are the Jet Pumps and the Standby Pumps. You would only turn the Jet Pumps off as part of an abnormal procedure. The standby pumps are used for transferring fuel from one side of the airplane to the other, and are sometimes called for in the checklist during abnormal or emergency procedures. As far as starting the engines, none of the pump switches need to be turned on. Like I said, the Jet Pump switches are always left in the ON position, but the engines will start without them. The standby pumps are required to start the engine, but the respective engine's standby pump turns on automatically when the starter is engaged, hence the standby pump switch not needing to be turned on for start. Placing the fuselage tank switch in FILL will also automatically turn on both standby pumps. Worth mentioning is that the jet pumps are really just Venturis, which use high pressure (500psi) fuel from the engine driven pump to create motive flow. They're only used to keep fuel from the tips flowing into the wings, and fuel in the wings flowing in the correct direction. They're pumps, but they have absolutely no moving parts. They don't start working until the engine has reached an idle state anyways. In fact, moving the Jet Pump switch just opens and closes a valve to allow fuel to flow to the venturis.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

7 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Seeing the same huge decrease in performance.. plus I can only use the spoiler once before it stops working. The new sounds are generally really good, but the transition from idle to thrust sounds a bit odd. This was better in the previous soundset. The GA mode locks in when selected and can't be turned off again, only reloading the airplane helps.

The autopilot struggles more (a LOT more.. +/- 1000fpm changes..) to keep the speed in SPD mode. Also following the pseudo-GS in the GTN VNAV mode isn't the nicest thing, plus you can't select a level-off altitude, as this cancels GS again. But all this might be intended- real world autopilots might be good and helpful, but nowhere near perfect as we're used to it in the sim.

Other than that, it's a huge improvement. Amazing how this product is kept alive and is getting better and better! For me (still) the best bizzer in the market.

I agree i don't like the interior engine rev sound transition. Joe our pilot tech says this is realism. I prefer to blend the sound a bit more so you can tell you have changed the position of the throttle lever. Will see if i can make a smoother transition so you can tell you have moved the throttle.

We did not change the spd hold.

Not sure on the second part of the autopilot as nothing really got changed.

Thanks for your comments...

Edited by Flysimware

10 hours ago, Ariel said:

The new dynamic outside lights look great on the ground and the landing/taxi lights are a huge improvements from inside the cockpit lighting the ground.  But there seems to be a downside:  in flight the red beacon and the white anti-collision lights are so weak that they aren't visible fifty feet away from the aircraft by day, and are not a lot better by night! (This is in my P3D4.5)

Ariel

Yes i also agree and i am working on enlarging the orbs. I can't see the beacon from 30 feet away. The ground effects are amazing. E did an amazing job all around. I enlarged the nav, beacon and strobe light orbs.

Image may contain: night

Edited by Flysimware