Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The Learjet 35A version 4.2g is now available

It would be great if someone could verify that the spoiler works as intended on the latest release in P3Dv4 and using FSUIPC. Means, extends and retracts multiple times in a row. If it's really limited to my installation, that's a really strange bug.

Speed Hold only struggles when accelerating (negative or positive). When you properly trim for the speed to hold and then engage the mode, it works properly. For me not a real bug, as it could be the same IRL, I just found it worth mentioning because it seems different to the previous version.

For the GA mode, it would be again helpful if someone could test that it may be reset using another vertical mode. Scenario.. engage GA on ground, take off and then switch to VS or SPD.

Regarding the spoolup.. if it is realistic I wouldn't change it, it just sounds a bit odd when the sound changes rather rapidly from the idle hum to the whining trust.

Edited by MatzeH84

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

32 minutes ago, MatzeH84 said:

Regarding the spoolup.. if it is realistic I wouldn't change it, it just sounds a bit odd when the sound changes rather rapidly from the idle hum to the whining trust.

Already updated. The change between new sound files were too intense. The update will make sense without destroying the realism. Well i hope!🙄 I like it better. Lets hope our pilot tech likes it.

Edited by Flysimware

Hi Folks,

And once again Flysimware puts the competition to shame - countless updates and improvements over the last three (?) years - major enhancements and rebuilds - all provided to their customers at no cost - - - who does that ?!?! Just a big thank you to all involved ! As mentioned previously - from here on out I'll only buy from the FSW shop so you guys get the full benefit of your products... 

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The next time I buy from a 3rd party store, especially an aircraft, somebody please punch me in the grill!  I'm still waiting on JustFlight to post the updated Lear.

• Like 2

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

My thoughts on the new engine start sounds:  Love them, but to me they don't match what the instruments are telling me.  I  think I hear the run-up, then the light-up followed by acceleration to idle.  However, my instruments have already got to idle before the light-up sound is heard.  All this could depend on when the fuel is selected on (for me this is at 15% turbine or better as the light-up generally occurs at 20%).  If I've got the real-world sound right, the engine start on the instruments seems to be way faster than real life.  Or maybe I should cut the fuel in much earlier..?

(I know - some people are never satisfied 🙂)

Ariel

Tested the new version- the sounds are way better now, many thanks! Maybe the transition from ide to shutdown could also be smoothed out just a bit.

While we're on sounds, when starting the inverters you hear the gyro spooling up and the sound of the ADI card coming to life, but the instrument just spools from 90° up to horizon level. As an AC unit, it would be cool if the gyro "wig-wag" could be simulated. Also I found out, that the the ADI will also come to life when you switch the inverters on, but have BAT and GPU off.

All of the other issues I posted are still there (spoiler being the most important).

After landing I couldn't attach any outside stuff (like GPU or chocks), they would just flicker up and vanish again. Airplane was completely shut down. After I hit C&D in the 2D panel, it worked again.

The other flight, the warning lights stayed on even though all power was removed. Again, C&D fixed it.

I flew two legs with around 1,5 hours each, and during the second leg the CDI was always a bit to the right, the plane was flying a bit offset but did not correct that over the whole duration. Maybe a gyro drift modeling bug?

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

1 hour ago, MatzeH84 said:

Tested the new version- the sounds are way better now, many thanks! Maybe the transition from ide to shutdown could also be smoothed out just a bit.

While we're on sounds, when starting the inverters you hear the gyro spooling up and the sound of the ADI card coming to life, but the instrument just spools from 90° up to horizon level. As an AC unit, it would be cool if the gyro "wig-wag" could be simulated. Also I found out, that the the ADI will also come to life when you switch the inverters on, but have BAT and GPU off.

All of the other issues I posted are still there (spoiler being the most important).

After landing I couldn't attach any outside stuff (like GPU or chocks), they would just flicker up and vanish again. Airplane was completely shut down. After I hit C&D in the 2D panel, it worked again.

The other flight, the warning lights stayed on even though all power was removed. Again, C&D fixed it.

I flew two legs with around 1,5 hours each, and during the second leg the CDI was always a bit to the right, the plane was flying a bit offset but did not correct that over the whole duration. Maybe a gyro drift modeling bug?

I tried to reproduce some of the problems you are having but could not (P3Dv4.5).  The spoilers work for me either by using the switch in the VC or via FSUIPC. I also have no problem adding or removing the chocks, engine covers or sun shade.

It would be helpful if others would report on these particular issues as well.

Al

Edited by ark

18 hours ago, Ariel said:

My thoughts on the new engine start sounds:  Love them, but to me they don't match what the instruments are telling me.  I  think I hear the run-up, then the light-up followed by acceleration to idle.  However, my instruments have already got to idle before the light-up sound is heard.  All this could depend on when the fuel is selected on (for me this is at 15% turbine or better as the light-up generally occurs at 20%).  If I've got the real-world sound right, the engine start on the instruments seems to be way faster than real life.  Or maybe I should cut the fuel in much earlier..?

(I know - some people are never satisfied 🙂)

Ariel

Yes the new start up engine sounds are so realistic that this can cause more issues because they are not generic to fit the sims timing. So sometimes we can't both worlds. But our tech pilot and i both agree realistic startup sounds not matching the needle is better than non realistic sounds that do match. because even if it matches the rate at which the engine revs up is already too fast. Anyways i think you will agree with this logic.

• Upvote 1

@Flysimware@capceo@Wickedbacon92

You guys! 😍 Show me one other FS developer on any platform offering this level of support.  This is such a huge update.

It's crazy to think that I bought the Lear in early 2016 and was satisfied enough that I didn't fly anything else for 2 months...never thought it would continue to evolve to the standard we see today.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

I think you may try to remove the shaders folder from the appdata/fsx folder. It will create a new one. this may fix your issue. You may have a black screen for 30 seconds on the next time you start fsx. Make a backup of those shaders just in case but i am pretty sure you do not have to.

Edited by Flysimware

On 8/14/2019 at 9:09 AM, Flysimware said:

Yes i also agree and i am working on enlarging the orbs. I can't see the beacon from 30 feet away. The ground effects are amazing. E did an amazing job all around. I enlarged the nav, beacon and strobe light orbs.

Image may contain: night

On 8/14/2019 at 2:44 AM, Wickedbacon92 said:

Haven't experienced this issue, I texture with true RGB settings on my monitor, and as far as I can tell no other user has had an issue. I would check your HDR settings in P3D, and go over your monitor settings. That's unfortunately the best solution/advice I can give you.

I haven't noticed any issues with the lighting like this. If you mean the Beacon orbs are not visible, that would be because they are small and the Dynamic Lighting has taken over the beacon effect. Only so much you can do in the sim. 
If that's not the issue, then I suggest reinstalling to see if that fixes it.

Hello,

I confirm the problem with the red beacon lights. Red light reflection is ok but the moving light spots are producing very small and dim red halo.   I can't see why a reinstall may solve that? I tried to disable dynamic lightning without any effect.

I hope we can get a fix without reinstalling?

Skip.

6 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Hello,

I confirm the problem with the red beacon lights. Red light reflection is ok but the moving light spots are producing very small and dim red halo.   I can't see why a reinstall may solve that? I tried to disable dynamic lightning without any effect.

Skip.

A reinstall would not solve that, I stated if that was not the issue, you may want to try a reinstall.

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

8 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Hello,

Skip.

Reinstalling will never fix any issues as the files would always be the same and you would get the same result. So I never suggest this as a maybe fix.

But we did release a new version V4.2a that we enlarged all these light orbs. The image you just re-posted is from the new version showing the larger orbs. So you have to download the latest version and install over the old version.

Edited by Flysimware