Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The Learjet 35A version 4.2g is now available

Really enjoying the update however, I am having an issue on engine start. Prior to v4.2, the AIR IGN light/starter would kick off (I believe) around 55% N1. Now, I have to manually switch it off by moving the START-GEN switch to OFF. Is this how it is supposed to be or is this a bug? Thanks!

1 hour ago, longhorns3514 said:

Really enjoying the update however, I am having an issue on engine start. Prior to v4.2, the AIR IGN light/starter would kick off (I believe) around 55% N1. Now, I have to manually switch it off by moving the START-GEN switch to OFF. Is this how it is supposed to be or is this a bug? Thanks!

You didn't mention what sim you are using, but in P3Dv4.5 the AIR IGN lights go off approximately 20 sec after the throttle is moved out of cutoff.

Al

8 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Reinstalling will never fix any issues as the files would always be the same and you would get the same result. So I never suggest this as a maybe fix.

But we did release a new version V4.2a that we enlarged all these light orbs. The image you just re-posted is from the new version showing the larger orbs. So you have to download the latest version and install over the old version.

I did install the 4.2a downloaded from SimMarket. Nav and strobe lights are very good as shown on the previous image. My issue is only about the red beacon light without any light orbs. I'm running P3D4.5.

Skip.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqDHnm5Mq4Ck5I33xQAOAO_eKSJtA?e=CgM4g7s!AgqDHnm5Mq4Ck5I33xQAOAO_eKSJtA?e=CgM4g

Edited by skipy33
Pic

2 hours ago, skipy33 said:

I did install the 4.2a downloaded from SimMarket. Nav and strobe lights are very good as shown on the previous image. My issue is only about the red beacon light without any light orbs. I'm running P3D4.5.

Skip.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqDHnm5Mq4Ck5I33xQAOAO_eKSJtA?e=CgM4g7s!AgqDHnm5Mq4Ck5I33xQAOAO_eKSJtA?e=CgM4g

There's an issue with the tail beacon lights on my end, they disappear when looking at the aircraft from different angles. I wasn't able to figure out the issue, as they are the same effect as the lower beacon. Lower beacon does not disappear like the tail does for me. It doesn't really bother me, but would be nice if there was a solution. Couldn't find anything.

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

My concern I only have trouble with the red beacon light. If I replace the effect file "fx_FSW_bcnorb.fx" by any other beacon effect file (standard fx_beacon.fx or Aerosoft CRJ one) I get a result which is not very nice because not synced with FSW red reflections effects but at least I can see a red beacon flashing...

Skip.

10 hours ago, ark said:

You didn't mention what sim you are using, but in P3Dv4.5 the AIR IGN lights go off approximately 20 sec after the throttle is moved out of cutoff.

Al

Sorry, Al. Was tired and forgot to mention that I am using P3D v4.5. Thank you for your response!

6 hours ago, skipy33 said:

My concern I only have trouble with the red beacon light. If I replace the effect file "fx_FSW_bcnorb.fx" by any other beacon effect file (standard fx_beacon.fx or Aerosoft CRJ one) I get a result which is not very nice because not synced with FSW red reflections effects but at least I can see a red beacon flashing...

Skip.

That's the thing with this Beacon, it's an oscillating beacon, which means it does not flash. Each beacon assembly has two rotating lights that are constantly on.

4 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

The update is really excellent! I love the new sounds and flightdynamics. But of course, the highlight is @Wickedbacon92's new textures. They are simply sensational. Thanks a lot for all your work, Elias! A donation is already on its way. 

Glad you're enjoying it @Tim-HH, thanks for your generosity! 

2 minutes ago, Wickedbacon92 said:

That's the thing with this Beacon, it's an oscillating beacon, which means it does not flash. Each beacon assembly has two rotating lights that are constantly on.

And that's the most difficult thing to get right in FSX/P3D. Because you would see it "flash" in the moment the lightbeam passes your eyepoint, but it actually doesn't. I couldn't even tell I've seen a really good representation of this yet, maybe the A2A V35 comes close, but even that one is not the best solution.
When I tested the PC6 at MilViz, we also experimented with another idea of a moving beacon, but couldn't get it right, so right now it just flashes again.
 In my opinion youor solution is the probably best that's possible right now, without making a scientific program out of it. For me it's looking good!

So do the textures, amazing work mate, especially on the outside. The PBR is just amazing!

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

42 minutes ago, Wickedbacon92 said:

Yes I can see the two oscillating beacons with a small red dot in the middle of them.... But as MatzelH84 wrote above the "flash" effect is not visible and in fact except the reflected beam I can't actually see any lightning at the beacon place. I don't get the red halo that we can see on the posted image.

I suppose I have to keep the standard effect if I do want a visible red beacon light?

Skip.

Edited by skipy33

Just installed and finished my first flight of version 4.2a. Thank you so very much for the great textures, improved sounds and other updates. I even noticed that the fasten seat belt\no smoking lights work. Will really enjoy this aircraft even though I am still in a 32bit sim.

One question: Am I correct to assume the older version repaints will not work this version 4.2a?

Hi Elias (hah - we have a real name now),

As I may have mentioned - I've been painting many things for many years - you sir - have real skill... What an unbelievable difference - simply gorgeous...

Lunch is on me via PayPal...

Thank you...

OBTW: For those of you running this in a sim that doesn't support PBR - - - get one - seriously... I never liked the old specular very much - the PBR is a whole new world...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

OBTW: For those of you running this in a sim that doesn't support PBR - - - get one - seriously... I never liked the old specular very much - the PBR is a whole new world...

I hope to do so one day soon! Just as I left behind FSX for P3D version 3, I will do the same, leave behind 32 bit for the 64 bit environment that includes PBR..

On 8/15/2019 at 8:03 AM, skipy33 said:

Hello,

I confirm the problem with the red beacon lights. Red light reflection is ok but the moving light spots are producing very small and dim red halo.   I can't see why a reinstall may solve that? I tried to disable dynamic lightning without any effect.

I hope we can get a fix without reinstalling?

Skip.

When i enlarged all the lights for some reason i did not get the new beacon light added to the master files for the new version V4.2b

Will be releasing V4.2c tonight.

Edited by Flysimware