Sign in to follow this  
KingLobo

FU3 on Windows 10 working (mostly)

You're not executing from the run box (entering Windows key plus X) but from a dos prompt. I suppose also that you have administrative rights.

3 hours ago, patrikmore said:

You're not executing from the run box (entering Windows key plus X) but from a dos prompt. I suppose also that you have administrative rights.

Same issue, using the same command under run 😕 

What's even weirder is the game used to launch by just copying the FLT3 folder right? Now it doesn't even load anymore, really odd. 

If you want to enjoy the whole game with big visual quality, you'll need dgvoodoo2 as software interface.

It's not just a matter of copying a FLT3 folder, but installing the game from the three ISO files, which are in fact  three CDs.

So you burn the ISOs to real CDs, so you use a virtual CD emulator. A gave here the tips and even a link for doing that.

48 minutes ago, patrikmore said:

If you want to enjoy the whole game with big visual quality, you'll need dgvoodoo2 as software interface.

It's not just a matter of copying a FLT3 folder, but installing the game from the three ISO files, which are in fact  three CDs.

So you burn the ISOs to real CDs, so you use a virtual CD emulator. A gave here the tips and even a link for doing that.

Just to be clear, I've read your entire guide and also I'd like to thank you for even taking the time to reply to me. 

I think this might just be something related to my system, I am using Daemon tools lite to make a virtual hard drive for the ISO's and even paid around 8 euros to download the special ISO's from that website but it seems like no matter the download source, it doesn't want to run on my system at all.

I am running Windows 10 version 19042 if that makes any difference. 

3a92c535bbb6c2e1080aab6a048d8984.png

47ad3a19846996b998b95b9c36ba6f5b.png
03b6615cc51f60a8dc768a231e77b5b4.png
07d14207b225cf49d495f6cd5b7cbbae.png
So in these photos, you can see that all 3 CD's are using Daemon Tools Lite to mount them, I am also on an Administrator account. 

What seems to happen is Windows asks me if I want to run setup.exe which obviously I say yes to, but nothing ever opens up. I can physically see the setup.exe running in task manager, but no window appears. 

Edited by MikeX123

Thanks for your answer.

I agree with you, it's something related with your system.

Daemon Tools are heavy and perhaps a bit not compatible with windows 10. You appear to have the latest windows 10 version. So if your system is updated, all I can say is that you give a try to Virtual CloneDrive (from Elby), very light, compatible, you don't have to uninstall anything. Good luck!

I have another idea. Can't you change the drive letter to D? These very old games do not like weird things. (to install you have to eject and insert ISO file always with the same drive letter)

Edited by patrikmore

I'm up and running without too much trouble:

• win 10 build 19045
  • display AOC VA2212 on an NVidia GeForce RTX 2060
  • SSD drive
  • Mounted the three UK DVDs using WinCDEmu 4.1 using whatever drive letter win 10 gave me.
  • Double-clicked the Setup file (on the first DVD) and away we went. DVD 'titles' weren't visible so had to try a couple of times but no trouble really.
  • Also mounted and ran the UK patch DVD the same way from the same source. No issues.

Runs very smoothly at 1024 x whatever with all the quality sliders to the extreme right. Sadly, compared with below, my landscape isn't half as pretty. I think I'll have to crack open patrikmore's guide.

Z6

1. Even the video you posted is boring to me compared to what I obtain.
  2. You seem to play the game directly without wrapper, and you should have a DirectX issue, but you don't? That could be the reason for poor quality.
  3. To solve DirectX version compatibility issue you should install DGvoodoo2.
  4. For a good visual rendering install Reshade. Important: version 4.7.0 with this setting: Techniques=Vibrance,DELC_Sharpen,Pirate_Bloom,prod80_03_FilmicTonemap,Unsharp
  5. Install Chris Low upgrades for San Francisco and Seattle, and also Ansgar Avermeyer AI Package.
  6. I have plenty of planes and also planes modified from AVSIM library.
  7. I play often the game at sunset partially cloudy.
  • Upvote 1