First of all "Thank You" for providing this wonderful FREE software. I am running FSX boxed w/all updates on a Windows 10 computer. I have a ton of ORBX scenery including ORBX's KMRY Monterey Regional Airport.. I would like to make a VFR flight plan starting at KMRY to KTVL, Lake Tahoe (ORBX scenery I have installed). When I select KMRY as departing airport it shows Monterey Peninsula and not the Regional Airport scenery. Can you help me resolve this issue. Without a doubt it's something I have or have not done and not your software. Thank You, greatful for any help you can provide.

Hi Doc,

Did you run the database tool after installing Monterey ? You need to run the database tool every time you add new scenery for LNM to be “aware” of them... It databases all the entries in your scenery.cfg file and stores them for display...

Second - there are 4 airport icons on the main toolbar - personally - I normally run it with only the left most airport icon selected - as this will display ONLY airports that I have addon scenery loaded for and that LNM is aware of - as I have no desire to use any airports I don’t have improved scenery for... You can play with these buttons as you troubleshoot...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

10 hours ago, SailorDoc said:

First of all

Forgot the quote.

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 8/13/2019 at 1:54 AM, SailorDoc said:

First of all "Thank You" for providing this wonderful FREE software. I am running FSX boxed w/all updates on a Windows 10 computer. I have a ton of ORBX scenery including ORBX's KMRY Monterey Regional Airport.. I would like to make a VFR flight plan starting at KMRY to KTVL, Lake Tahoe (ORBX scenery I have installed). When I select KMRY as departing airport it shows Monterey Peninsula and not the Regional Airport scenery. Can you help me resolve this issue. Without a doubt it's something I have or have not done and not your software. Thank You, greatful for any help you can provide.

Hi,

From an user in the ORBX forum:

"Monterey is sort of a "two in one" airport. You should find KMRY and KMRZ in your Select Airport options. KMRY is for the commercial traffic and contains the larger runway and commercial parking spaces, KMRZ is for GA traffic and contains the shorter runway and the GA parking spaces."

From Jarrad Marshall (ORBX developer):

"Just a further explanation on top of the solutions already offered - the reason we decided to split the runways into different APX files (and thereby requiring to give the secondary runway a bogus ICAO code - KMRZ) was to enable parallel AI operations. If you have our freeware GA AI program installed for NA, you will be able to see aircraft landing on both runways in parallel at the same time. The parking options for KMRY cover most of the airfield, whilst the parking options for KMRZ call up spots in the north-east corner of the field, where the Aero Club buildings are located."

From memory, that's what I did:

If you want see KMRY in LNM, rename the Westsim_KMRZ_APX.BGL file to Westsim_KMRZ_APX.BGL.OFF

Hope this help.

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|