Sign in to follow this  
Retiredpilot

Remote CDU (or equivalent)

I am still with FS9 as I don't have the cash to buy new stuff and a more powerful PC.  FS9 works great and all, but I was hoping to find a CDU/FMC that could run on an iPad so I have touch screen capabilities.  I have a small Raspberry Pi designed touch screen (7") and it works OK, but the buttons are very small.  I know that Remote CDU won't work with the PDMG 737NG that I have as tried out the free version just to make sure.  Does anyone know of an app to get a CDU/FMC on an iPad that is compatible with the PDMG 737NG and FS9?  I certainly don't have the hundreds to buy an actual hardware CDU/FMC.  Thanks.

John

WELCOME to AVSIM, John,

I note that you're flying the PMDG 737, so this particular FMC might well be too basic for your requirements, just a thought.

http://emarciano.free.fr/En/EasyFMCMobile.htm

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

WELCOME to AVSIM, John,

I note that you're flying the PMDG 737, so this particular FMC might well be too basic for your requirements, just a thought.

http://emarciano.free.fr/En/EasyFMCMobile.htm

Mark;

Thanks for the link.  I downloaded it and it seemed to connect OK, but when I run my IP address:port on the iPad I only get what seems to be the "shell" of the app.  No key presses work and the data on the FMC showing on the PC does not appear.  The server app on the PC says it is listening on that address:port.  Also, the panel was successfully added to the PMDG 737NG.  I don't see a support contact for the app either.  There is some glare from the overhead light on the image, sorry.

pMoB89T.jpg

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

John

• Like 1

Hi John,

Sadly not, I'm not that clued up on FMCs - whilst there is a version of Easy FMC installed in the MD-11 I have from Sky Simulations, I have not tried to use it "properly" - however the buttons do work in the virtual cockpit.

However, I did spot another version of EasyFMC - ExternalEasyFMC on the same site which might work. Again I do stress that if you're flying PMDG then it may be too "lite" or basic for your requirements.

http://emarciano.free.fr/En/ExtEasyFMC.htm

Best of luck.

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

16 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Hi John,

Sadly not, I'm not that clued up on FMCs - whilst there is a version of Easy FMC installed in the MD-11 I have from Sky Simulations, I have not tried to use it "properly" - however the buttons do work in the virtual cockpit.

However, I did spot another version of EasyFMC - ExternalEasyFMC on the same site which might work. Again I do stress that if you're flying PMDG then it may be too "lite" or basic for your requirements.

http://emarciano.free.fr/En/ExtEasyFMC.htm

Best of luck.

Mark;

Thanks for your reply. 

John

• Like 1

I would hope that other, more knowledgeable AVSIM members may join in with some ideas :cool:

Mark Robinson

Hello. I too purchased the EasyFMC, and although it works on a networked computer, it really isn't its own FMC. It gets most, if not all its data from FS's default GPS info which is from an FS generated flight plan. Another good free FMC is, of course the Honeywell FMC. It works best with FSX (and perhaps P3D) but I got it to work with FS9 as well - but it's not remote. I use the free P8R FMC and its ND and EFIS on a networked computer. Development as ceased unfortunately but I am able to use it just fine. I do not know how to resize it even though I changed its RePos=1 in its FmcConfigA.cfg file. I like it because it matches Flight1's B737 FMC's (Bae-FMC) operation. This FMC is only good with an old Aerosoft's Eurowings Bae-146 aircrafts' ND's. Back to the P8R, it does display (so does the Bae-FMC)  the SID/STARS but unlike FS's GPS, it does not show the missed-approach procedure. but FS's GPS does not have SID/STAR's. The Bae-FMC can work on a separate computer (not networked) and is good to see a visual depiction of a SID/STAR. Another great, and very inexpensive remote FMC is the iFMS (http://www.ifms-fs.com/). It works best with an iPad but it is also good with an iPhone. Its operation too basically follows that of the P8R FMC. And it does show a missed-approach procedure on its ND.