Sign in to follow this  
ual763

Important Support for “Other” Aircraft Types

On 8/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, ual763 said:

I’ve wanted to fly one in Flight simulator for as long as I can remember.  I think FS9? had a few AI blimps IIRC, but never any that were flyable.

There were some flyable dirigibles and blimps for FS that you could download back in those days. 

I had a pretty good (for the time) Goodyear Blimp that I flew around a little.  I was never really into them that much though.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have seen people flying hot air balloons at supersonic speeds past airport control towers in several YouTube videos, but I get the feeling that the flight models are not all that accurate :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As they are with many aircraft. However, the 2 that I've posted work flawlessly.. Give then a try, especially Bill's. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Isn’t it a bit boring in an air balloon? At least in a sim? It’s boring enough in an airliner in the cruise, let alone something that is going much slower

Nope, try Bill's LZ127, there is so much to do, linemen to pull the thing out of its hanger and a whole bunch load of missions/flights, water ballast dropping etc. Interesting flights and siteseeing. Definitely a worthy download. 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

Isn’t it a bit boring in an air balloon? At least in a sim? It’s boring enough in an airliner in the cruise, let alone something that is going much slower

It was boring, because the scenery in sims up until now has been terrible.  There was no feeling of actually flying.  If this is based off of real images, it will actually be something people want to do in the sim.  And even in the non-3d image areas, it appears we will have 3d grass, great 3d trees, and really the whole nine yards.  A lot of users will likely be able to see their own homes!  So this will really be revolutionary for low and slow flight.  Especially if the sounds of the environment and physics of the balloon are modeled correctly.  

Edited by ual763

So now that we have a little bit more info from the developers as to the first round of partnerships, we can cross a few of these fringe aircraft types off of the wishlist.

Confirmed:

- Seaplanes

- Tailwheel

- Helos (at a later date)

Unconfirmed:

- Gliders (although strongly hinted at)

- Hot Air Balloons 

- Airships

- PPG

- Hang Gliders

- Straight up Parachute (skydiving) mode.

Would be great to see some of these implemented now that we know an entire World airflow simulation will be present.  These are all relatively simple aircraft too, except maybe the Airships.  They would mainly just be fun for some variation in the sim.  With beautiful scenery, these will be a lot more enjoyable to fly than in previous iterations of the sim.

Yep, we have the X-Cub and Icon 5 already shown many times. Get ready to take off and land in the awesome looking water, and hopefully a X-Cub float version. Also be ready if you have never flown a taildragger for the running of the runway when trying to land or take off at first, when that tail wheel hits the asphalt ( not as bad in grass ) it's very easy to loose control, and I am talking about in another sim 🙂 But it's freaking awesome! And surely there will be some missions with these planes either included or made by the community very soon 🙂

I can't wait to see how it all works, reacts, in MSFS 2020! It's all gonna be tons of fun and enjoyment!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

18 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Yep, we have the X-Cub and Icon 5 already shown many times. Get ready to take off and land in the awesome looking water, and hopefully a X-Cub float version. Also be ready if you have never flown a taildragger for the running of the runway when trying to land or take off at first, when that tail wheel hits the asphalt ( not as bad in grass ) it's very easy to loose control, and I am talking about in another sim 🙂 But it's freaking awesome! And surely there will be some missions with these planes either included or made by the community very soon 🙂

I can't wait to see how it all works, reacts, in MSFS 2020! It's all gonna be tons of fun and enjoyment!

The way they were talking about tire/pavement physics in the last video really has made me excited for tailwheels.  My dream would be for them to also include a Stearman.  I earned my tailwheel in both a J3 Cub and a Stearman, so they both have a lot of sentimental value to me (in addition to being the most enjoyable to fly). The Stearman in MS Flight was actually pretty good! 

Edited by ual763

21 minutes ago, ual763 said:

The way they were talking about tire/pavement physics in the last video really has made me excited for tailwheels.  My dream would be for them to also include a Stearman.  I earned my tailwheel in both a J3 Cub and a Stearman, so they both have a lot of sentimental value to me (in addition to being the most enjoyable to fly). The Stearman in MS Flight was actually pretty good! 

I think when the SDK is released someone will make a Stearman sooner or later for sure. Just don't know by who or when 🙂 Of course it gonna take years to really get it rocking and rolling I guess, unless it's pretty much like developing for FSX, except NEW and better tools. I don't know about aircraft, but I want to dabble in scenery and missions for sure!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ