Sign in to follow this  
paj

cant activate/deactivate scenery in 1.43b11

Hi,

I just installed 1.43b11 and I'm finding that double-clicking on entries in the Scenery tab no longer activates/deactivates entries (both scenery.cfg and add-on.xml)

On the Groups tab I can only activate/deactive by clicking in a group's box and selecting "Activate/Disable all groups"... but I can't double-click on a group as I could previously.

Edited by paj

Ok.... My description of the problem on the Scenery tab is incomplete...

... I CAN in fact successfully double-click to activate/deactivate entries in the Addon Organiser treelist from the top down to entry #51 which happens to be an FTX EU ENG 05 Scenery add-on xml component (Orbx have three of these entries with the same name!). For the several hundred entries below item #51 I cannot double-click to activate/deactivate!

Edited by paj

Hmmm. I just repositioned the FTX EU ENG 05 Scenery entry in position #51 of the treelist by editing its properties and typing in a new layer number (I had to do this because using the Up/Down buttons had no effect on this entry!)

And now everything seems to be working fine! I can again double click any item in the treelist to activate/deactivate it! Yay!

Hi,

sounds odd. Are you using the new ORBX Central 4? With that new tool, ORBX uses a strange method of layering their products. This doesn't really agree with P4AO, but you are the first user who reports an issue like this.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Are you using the new ORBX Central 4?

Yes! Sadly 😢

I encountered the problems noted above whilst I was using P4AO to clean up the... "disorder"... Orbx Central 4 had created in my scenery library.

One of the three "FTX EU ENG 05 Scenery" entries (the add-on.xml's for Scotland, Wales and England all have one) was apparently causing an inability to activate/deactivate all scenery entries below itself. This entry also stubbornly refused to be moved by the up/down buttons on the P4AO scenery tab

I discovered I could move it by manually editing its scenery layer number... and doing so simultaneously resolved the problem with activating/deactivating lower scenery entries.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by paj

1 hour ago, penicka said:

Hi, I have the same problem, but I have old ORBX Central v. 3.

Hello,

what does that issue look like - exactly? 

• You doubleclick on a node and nothing happens?
  • Or is something happening in P4AO, but the change isn't saved?
  • Do you have the "Strict Package Law" activated in P4AO? Is "Auto-Layer" on?
  • Is the entry that you are trying to deactivate from an add-on.xml (dark colors) or scenery.cfg (light colors)?

I need every little detail that you can think of. Please consider writing me an email, the address is on the last page of the P4AO manual.

Please be mindful that you cannot activate/deactivate the add-on.xml based sceneries if the package containing them has been disabled.
Also, consider resetting the P4AO Windows Properties by deleting everything named "C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\Lorby-SI\P3DV4AddonOrganizer.exe_Url_*"

Edit: *Word not allowed*. Strike that.

Version 1.43 b11 has a bug, you cannot activate/deactivate scenery.cfg entries. Bug has been fixed in b12, which is ready for download now. Please use the new version and try again. 

Best regards 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI