Sign in to follow this  
cad01

P2ATC unreponsive to input after click on airways on moving map

When i activate the airways on the movingmaps my installation of p2atc becomes unresponsive to any further action.

It is not crashing just not accepting any more inputs. It seems like its just a little too much to cope with. Is this a kown problem? If you need any further information please let me know.

my system specs are:

I7-7700HQ 16gb ram windos 10 64bit

nvidia geforce gtx1070

pilot2atc 2.6.0.0_x64_R3

Edited by cad01
added sys spec

This is a known problem.  

The airways are drawn when you zoom or pan the map.  If you zoom in further, the lag will decrease as there will be less area to render the airways for.

Dave

I just tried it too, never used the airways options before. The app becomes completely unresponsive to inputs and you cannot even minimize the window, interestingly though the map continues to move with the aircraft, and is as smooth as normal. I cannot bring it back to the foreground either by clicking on its taskbar tab. Audio is still working fine, I can hear chatter files playing, but I get about a 3 second delay in response to me speaking and releasing the PTT and then hearing the speech recognized ding I setup.

Edited by Andydigital

Cheers, Andy.

This happened to me too today. I've used the airway maps in the past without issues, but today P2ATC became completely unresponsive, same as the previous poster described (I'm running MSFS 2020). The map was still moving with the aircraft, but nothing else worked any more, and I was stuck. Thing is, it wasn't temporary, I waited for several minutes but everything remained unresponsive, and I thought oh well that's it and start over. Then I hit 'Close Window' on the app, and after 10 seconds or so the dialog 'Do you really want to quit P2ATC' appeared, I somehow selected 'No' and was glad, because all of a sudden everything started working again...

No big deal as I can just avoid the airways map altogether, just thought I'd mention it.

The airways maps require significant resources to repaint the airways and generally should not be used in flight.  If you do use them in flight, you should disable aircraft centering and switch back to a different map after you finish checking what you need on the airway map.

If you zoom in very close on the airway map, the performance will improve as it will have fewer airways to keep repainting.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you zoom in very close on the airway map, the performance will improve as it will have fewer airways to keep repainting.

Yeah I understand, though it's not really an option once P2ATC becomes completely unresponsive...

But good to know and no big deal, I'll simply avoid using those maps during flight from now on. My PC is a bit under-powered for MSFS in general, which is most likely contributing to this behavior.

Thanks!

Dirk