Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What missions do you want?

I don't think the priority of the community is missions, but they want to do some, which is great. It is more like a tradition for FS

• Upvote 1

I think missions will be like FSX focused on the new flyer, I have not flown a mission in FSX for something like 10 years.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The Yakutat Mail Run mission was great for all the IFR skills it forced me to use. I'd like to see more along that line.

13 hours ago, Noooch said:

It is more like a tradition for FS

True. Unfortunately another tradition is the release of flightsims with major features either partially implemented or worse even missing altogether. And then promising to add those features without doing so for years on end.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

True. Unfortunately another tradition is the release of flightsims with major features either partially implemented or worse even missing altogether. And then promising to add those features without doing so for years on end.

An interesting take.

I look at things and I'm surprised at the number of comments saying they think things will be added to the program post-release.  Why would devs do that?  Unless they create add-on packages which they sell for an additional price, it's fair to say (IMO) that anything we don't see right away won't have much of a chance of showing up before fs2024.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

32 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

An interesting take.

I look at things and I'm surprised at the number of comments saying they think things will be added to the program post-release.  Why would devs do that? 

Because that is precisely what the dev's have said that they were going to do, and that they are committed to at least 10 years of continuous development?

Just as Microsoft have stated that Win10 is final version of Windows and will remain in continuous development with periodic updates, upgrades and fixes.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I recently completed a flight which would be a perfect mission.  I flew IFR with complete directions from the controllers from Van Nuys all the way to Burbank :biggrin:

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Because that is precisely what the dev's have said that they were going to do, and that they are committed to at least 10 years of continuous development?

Just as Microsoft have stated that Win10 is final version of Windows and will remain in continuous development with periodic updates, upgrades and fixes.

Perhaps you're correct and I'm not.  It does happen from time to time :wink:

I guess it seems a little odd to me, but time will tell, and we'll hope for the best in the meantime!

A random mission maker with many categories :

Airliner

Bush flying

Private pilot

Military...

You only select the category and maybe the overall time you want to fly and the sim creates a scenario for you, different each time !

• Upvote 1

I highly prefer the professionals opinions on missions...they have amazing creativity.  That fire plane video on you tube looks like a GREAT start to more fantastic missions...just like fsx.  I want to buy every after market mission as well.  CAN'T WAIT!!!

Gosh guys...I hope they do MANY.  I'm 51...….I love em all.  Some of my favs were  like the hiker rescue, the volcano rescue, the oil rig.....Bermuda triangle...heck I guess I loved em all.  I used to feel like I was right there, fully immersed, sometimes for hours on end, mission after mission.  Before they slammed doors in our faces....I had successfully completed every mission minus the red bull runs.  For whatever reason they didn't interest me much.  But, ones like the lodge supply run and the cursed jungle treasure one I still play now and then even now.  

Can't get enough missions.  More realistic ones would be great too, like what a real regional business trip would be like.....waitresses and all.....OH, and don't forget the jungle poacher one.  It's not every day you get shot at in a plane!

19 hours ago, FS Master said:

Can't get enough missions.

I feel the same way, and I will fly the same missions in different aircraft. :ph34r:

• Like 2