Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What missions do you want?

More than wanting any of the scenarios noted above (and boy, they include everything and the kitchen sink) to be included in the release sim, I'd like the SDK to be so well defined that any of those scenarios can be created in detail by a third party.

12 hours ago, ErichB said:

More than wanting any of the scenarios noted above (and boy, they include everything and the kitchen sink) to be included in the release sim, I'd like the SDK to be so well defined that any of those scenarios can be created in detail by a third party.

I don't just want 3rd parties to make missions. I want us to be able too with a GUI Mission Creation Tool, fingers crossed!

• Like 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

They are looking for a Mission Designer(s) and a boat load of other jobs to fill at Asobo, YEAH! The future looks very promising in MSFS. Of course it may not be in the initial release, but they are listening to it appears everyone's request. If this has aleady been posted, sorry 🙂

https://www.asobostudio.com/careers

I'd like to see backcountry (and other area) Medivac operations with planes and helicopters.

There are so many really cool and challenging scenarios one could think of around that.

Edited by irrics

2 minutes ago, irrics said:

I'd like to see backcountry (and other area) Medivac operations with planes and helicopters.

There are so many really cool and challenging scenarios one could think of around that.

Can't wait to see what initial missions we get, whenever that is. I can wait for them to be added, even after the initial release 🙂 This is exciting that things can be updated, added, maybe even removed ( but doubt it ), changed, in the future with updates! And if we get a GUI mission tool, even better! Very nice to see they are looking for Mission Designer(s). I am very happy!

• Like 2

Unless MSFS is going to have functioning weaponry (like either DCS or Tacpack for P3d4), then I think missions are a waste of coding time, at least at this point.

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Unless MSFS is going to have functioning weaponry (like either DCS or Tacpack for P3d4), then I think missions are a waste of coding time, at least at this point.

I wouldn't say wasted.

They definitely should be focusing on other priorities for launch, but missions should be apart of the sim and be well made (Even If they are post launch). Playing missions in FSX was a refreshing experience from just flying around in free flight, and it was super enjoyable to "pretend" that you were a captain of an airliner, or flying some rich person around in a Learjet. Even the wild missions were pretty fun! I cant imagine how immersive they will be in MSFS2020 with the eyecandy, and especially when they implement VR! 

As the job post states they are looking for several mission designers so it should end up in the sim at some point. I don't care when it is, and if it is the last item on the list. And not available at launch. As long as we get them and a mission creation tool that hopefully has a great graphical interface and is easy to use for us to create our own mission(s) for the community! Plus a place to upload them and users to easily download them and install them into the sim, kind of like FSW mission's worked!

Edited by in2tech

Any mention of Military planes or Military missions at all? If FSX had it, I would expect this new version would have something better.

Thanks,

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

4 hours ago, simaddict said:

Any mention of Military planes or Military missions at all? If FSX had it, I would expect this new version would have something better.

Thanks,

Mike

Good point, landing on the aircraft carrier, etc... hopefully at some point!

On 8/30/2019 at 8:32 AM, DAD said:

Wish I ever learned who to program missions. Many years ago I ran a list of tricky airports, back then called Dangerous Airports Database DAD. The site does not exist anymore. But I loved to add some beacons or warning lights to some default airports. Burn I never managed to offer some missions. Some came later with approach missions burn I would love to see some missions in FS2020

Unfortunately, the mission SDK in FSX was far from user friendly. No wonder few people used it.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:53 AM, 188AHC said:

I'm almost glad I don't fly for myself anymore due to costs. Insurance is especially wicked. 

When I started flying I could rent a C-150 wet dual for $12.00 an hour. You probably  can't get ground school for that now. 

I would really like to see Microsoft team up with  a good flight instruction group to give beginners a complete PPL course. This would be a great start for young or old aspiring aviators. I realize it wouldn't be adequate for FAA certification but it could make it easier to progress. 

I would extend the use of mission beyond the PPL and all the way to Type Ratings and recurrent training (as long as a decent share cockpit / virtual copilot are implemented).

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:06 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Why would one require armament for a rescue mission in the High Sierras? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Why would one require armament for a rescue mission in the High Sierras? :rolleyes:

I don't. I think such missions should be very low on the coding priority list, when compared to and SDK, ATC, AI aircraft, VR and even working weapons. If 3rd party developers want to create a mission add-on (like a firefighting mission add-on), that's great. I've hardly ever used a mission in FSX or P3d4 and I probably won't start now. Every time someone asks for an additional feature, it's going to come at the expense of some other feature that will have to wait in the queue to be implemented.

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I don't. I think such missions should be very low on the coding priority list, when compared to and SDK, ATC, AI aircraft, VR and even working weapons.

I don't actually disagree with you at all. I was replying with my tongue firmly in my left cheek. :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator