Sign in to follow this  
SergioCosta

The helicopter thread

If I was ASOBO / MS I would be dealing with the maker of HELICOPTER SIMULATOR :

https://linesstudio-graphisme.fr/

to use the FDM in MFS...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If the FSX/P3D model has no DLLs, it should be possible to fly helicopters with the legacy flight model. The latter is not the best, but it's better than nothing.

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

I'm also waiting for VR and helicopters.  Much as I love the look of MS2020, you can't beat the experience of flying the EC135 in AFS2 in VR.  Fortunately, I have the Samsung Odyssey plus which is a WMR headset, so I should at least get VR pretty soon.

• Like 2

Hmmm.... Maybe before doing the helis or VR or seasons or whatnot they could finish up what has been released. Just sayin'...

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would be happy with just VR, but Helis with VR would be like Christmas & Easter togheter  😅

2 hours ago, slip-stream said:

Any news on helo’s? In particular I’m hoping for Pimax VR support too. 

That last I heard here was that Asobo will be releasing a paid helicopter expansion next year (Summer 2021, featuring a bunch of default models. 

For me, that's encouraging because a helicopter flight model with everything a helo fanatic like me wants to see -- and what we have right now in DCS and X-Plane -- is a very different flight, dynamics, and systems model than the GA planes and airliners they introduced in the first release. Totally different.

It would have been nice to see helicopters in the initial release, but I want them to do it right, so 3rd party devs don't have to invent rotary wing modeling from scratch. I can wait a year for that. I have X-Plane to fly my helicopters until then.

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

If you look at the wish list in the roadmap it may stay in the wish list until they sort out the issues and performance and SDK, and at the moment fix one issue and another comes up the flight log no longer works since the update, and DX12 i don`t see that coming in the near future what will that break in the sim. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

39 minutes ago, slip-stream said:

Summer 21? That’s completely outrageous. 

I don't see it that way, because I want something more than a basic helicopter that's just a minor tweak of the existing flight and systems modeling.

A helicopter is so different from fixed wing flying that it could easily take Asobo a year to build a good flight and systems model. We need modeling of ground effect translation, vortex ring state, retreating blade stall, mast bump, autorotation. And then all the systems stuff on larger helicopters like force trim release, beep trim, 3-axis and 4-axis autopilots, SAS/ATT modes, and so on. All of which we have in other sims. If MSFS is the "next generation" then we need it here too. 

Considering how much trouble Asobo is having in getting some of the basic stuff right for fixed wing flight right now, I don't want to see a rushed helicopter model.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I just wish they would give us an idea of when helis will be coming out. I agree that it will be worth the wait when it gets here (if they’re using the time to do it right). I purchased the sim knowing there were no copters and that I would quickly become bored with the fixed wings, and I was right.

They hit a homerun with this scenery. I have explained to my wife that a properly executed model of any helicopter in fs2020 is going to result in a lot of free time for her! 

Right now Microsoft is loosing potential profit. I think there are more of us rotor heads out there than they think.

@Wayne2 Thats why i still use X-Plane11 just to choose of 35 different helo's!! Every flightsim should have Helo's right at first release!

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy