Sign in to follow this  
SergioCosta

The helicopter thread

On 10/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, Bosco19 said:

Don't know if anyone mentioned this earlier. The mil sim (I use that term loosely) ARMA 3 has one of the most satisfying Helo sims I've ever flown......

I agree 100% and put in many hours flying helis is solo and self made missions. Many time flying just to fly. Always using the Advanced flight model. I've seen some of the flyers in the multiplayer games do some amazing flying with the standard model, but I'm more a simmer than a gamer. Doesn't excuse what they are capable of (some flying with noting more than a keyboard and mouse).

James

On 11/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, slip-stream said:

Funny you should mention as that is exactly what I purchased and it work likes a dream. I just wished I knew how the mission editor worked. Having great fun flying the MH-47. Modded version with amazing sound effects. 

VorpX can be quite rewarding for those willing to tweak it.

I haven't touched it in years because Arma3 experiences with it used to leave me nauseous 🤢

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, slip-stream said:

Finally a fully functional Helo. Yippee. 

I have downloaded this, but the controls are different and I don't have them at all figured out.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Go to their Discord channel for help.  Very friendly and helpful folks.  By the way, the helicopter project is coming along very well.  

• Like 2

Danny

17 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I have downloaded this, but the controls are different and I don't have them at all figured out.

The video I copied above has tutorials for this helo. You’ll find them on his channel. 

Keith Sandford.

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

The link I'm using to dowload is:

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

But it seems to be an older version.  Is there a different source?  I can't find anything about how to set up the controls.

0.791 is the latest. It's correct

Controls? Just collective ( use joystick throttle) , fadec itself (led button, bottom of center MFD) controls  rpm ( engine throttle )

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just flew in the official MS community flight in the Norweigen Fjords and it was awesome.  Love the different modes of Basic and advanced, with the fadec to control rpm.    Too bad no one could see the heli.  Was only a floating default aircraft in a hover. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I was wondering what that strange floating thing was. In fact even Jayne mentioned it 😂

Edited by saifs

I flew the 0.79 all-day, and I will fly the 0.791 tomorrow, providing I still alive. 🤣 There's a story associated with that but I will leave it at that. 🙂

• Like 1

With 0.791, I tried to take off from an airport, but the turbo engine would not wind up, it just stayed at idle. So I would have to takeoff in air. 😞

I took this SS of Discovery Bay, it was one of the 1st SS that they showed us from MsFS, from my measly machine. 🙂

ePzlGnf.jpg

1 hour ago, jpc55 said:

I tried to take off from an airport, but the turbo engine would not wind up

The problem was. the dumb pilot ME! 🤣 

I was just at Fullerton, and I'm noticed that there are no radio or other antennas showing, is it my weak machine? 🚁

Edited by jpc55
added