Sign in to follow this  
Gabriellc

No indicate lights on AFCS panel LJ35 v4.2a

On 10/21/2019 at 8:50 AM, ark said:

No, not that I'm aware off. This seems to be an issue just for certain systems. My understanding is FSW cannot reproduce the problem which makes it very difficult to try and track down why some have this issue. The Lear35, and the Falcon50, are systems intensive and thus have a lot of associated coding which may be related to the issue on some sim setups. Similarly perhaps, if you happen to have a complex PMDG a/c like the B737NGX, you have seen their warning to load a default a/c before loading the 737NGX.

I've tried some experiments to see if I could shed some light on the issue, but unfortunately haven't had any success.

Wish I had a better answer.

Al

Hi Al thanks for replying. What PMDG say is you must not have a default saved flight set with non default aircraft. Because of an old system problem with the loading of default gauges. I fly the PMDG every week and do not load any airplane first, I just have my default flight saved with a default aircraft and that was fine. But having to load into the sim as a default airplane and then go up to load the Learjet is a different action I do not need to do with any other aircraft.

Edited by Boeing or not going

This is what I did and it works I could test twice only though.

Save a new default flight. Select an old default airplane NOT the F-22. I chose the Mooney Bravo. Load into P3D and go up to the menu and save as a default flight. Now each time you start P3D it will have the Mooney as the default airplane rather than the F-22.

Your lights should all show up now. You will not have to start P3D as the F-22 or Mooney it should work letting you load in the select a flight menu right into the Learjet.

I have also cut the engines loading in as the Mooney (so when I fly from now on the engines are not running in any airplane), pressed L twice once to turn on all the lights and again to turn them off. And saved as a default flight. Restarted my computer 2 times and started P3D, selected a Learjet paint, started the sim, and the panel lights all display!

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Like 1

I was having exactly the same issue here.

The solution was to create a new Scenario as @Boeing or not going said (thanks buddy!).

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 10/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, Boeing or not going said:

Save a new default flight. Select an old default airplane NOT the F-22. I chose the Mooney Bravo. Load into P3D and go up to the menu and save as a default flight. Now each time you start P3D it will have the Mooney as the default airplane rather than the F-22.

Which a/c to use as the default flight seems to be system dependent. I tried quite a few default a/c and finally settled on the F-35 which works reliably in this role on my particular system setup. As shown above, others have similar success with different a/c, so it is worth experimenting a bit.  As they say, 'whatever works'!

Al

Edited by ark

Same problem here. 

Rafael Henrique Carelli

2 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

Same problem here. 

Other than deleting any saved flights and creating a new one as suggested in some of the posts above, I don't know of any other solutions assuming the install procedure was not defective somehow.

Al

I notice another solution.

As soon as you load up the simulator. Make the AFCS test and check if the lights are working. If not, just load the Learjet again, over the current flight. It works 100% times here.

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

5 hours ago, Bachian said:

I notice another solution.

As soon as you load up the simulator. Make the AFCS test and check if the lights are working. If not, just load the Learjet again, over the current flight. It works 100% times here.

Interesting and good to know -- thanks for the feedback. It does seem to be an issue with getting variables initialized properly.

Al

Edited by ark