Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Is there a way to get rid of static parked aircraft globally?

I remember that in older versions the parking percentage could be set to 0 globally for all airports in the world. According to the manual of the latest version, however, this can only be set for each airport separately in its corresponding airport file. How can I get rid of parked aircraft in general?

Thank you, draci

Edited by bmaik

20 minutes ago, bmaik said:

How can I get rid of parked aircraft in general?

You can't.

You have to set the parameter in each airport file you fly from/to. But I assume you're not flying to 9914 airports, do you? So it is not a big deal in my opinion.

However, if you remove all airport files except one, you will have no parking of aircraft, static and live, anymore; but I don't recommend doing that because then live aircraft will not start or end positioned correctly at the gates.

Thank you for your quick reply,

in this case please consider my question a feature request to give us back the possibilty to exclude static parked aircraft, do it in favour of all those who use PSXseeconTraffic together with other AI Traffic Add-ons and who don't like their parking positions randomly occupied by more than one aircraft at a time with no control whatsoever, and even more since this functionality has been present in earlier versions. Of course, I can write a quick and dirty batch job to set the parking_percentage to 0 in all files in the airports folder or simply hand-edit the origin and destination airport file for my specific flight, but this isn't very elegant. I think it would be very easy for you to (re)implement this feature. What do you think?

Edited by bmaik

Why would you want to use other AI programs with PSXT ?

Are you aware that PSXT is able to “learn” where real aircraft are parked and park and then implement that in P3D ?

Leave your pc at least 4-6h running   pteferable 24h, at s specific airport and all aircraft that appear at the gate in RT or park at a gate in RT will be remembered. So PSXT can learn abd will make your airport files more realistic.

This is s very strong feature of PSXT..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 hours ago, bmaik said:

in this case please consider my question a feature request to give us back the possibilty to exclude static parked aircraft,

I could add to ParkPosGenerator an option to set the percentage (now it is fixed at 35), what do you think?

2 hours ago, kiek said:

I could add to ParkPosGenerator an option to set the percentage (now it is fixed at 35), what do you think?

I would be very interested in this option as well as an option to set a percentage depending on the size of the airport you used to have percentage and choice of how many parking spots and by tedious grouping in the past I was able to create a sequence.
My favorite set up was to have high percentage on the small and medium airport, and for larger, to help performance I would reduce the percentage.
All ORBX  and payware airports I would set to 0%, since they always have stationary parked aircraft.

In conclusion some flexibility and ability to adjust the percentage would be a great choice (for me).
I understand that you were looking for streamlining which is a great concept, so maybe extra set up could be secondary so people will not get overwhelmed, what I mean is to keep the basic out-of-the-box work as it is, which is great, and then if somebody wants to be more detailed they will have that flexibility.

In a related subject I have all my airports set to 0% (I’m using Notepad++ to set up all the airports to 0%),  because as I fly often without flight plan, the parked aircraft loads on touchdown which for me often creates quite a strong starter in the most important and enjoyable moment of flight which is touchdown.
I think shifting that moment of loading parked aircraft (in improvised not flight plan based operations) from moment of touchdown to maybe a few seconds past that will be more agreeable on my system.

Love your programs and I’m completely addicted.
Happy landings

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Yes, I would appreciate this, although I would prefer an option to set the default_percentage in the PSXseecon GUI directly, but if it's easier for you to add it to the ParkPosGenerator, I am more than happy.

Best regards

draci

Edited by bmaik

22 hours ago, mike stryczek said:
All ORBX  and payware airports I would set to 0%, since they always have stationary parked aircraft.

Hi mike,

Do note that payware airports normally have an option to get rid of stationary parked aircraft. All my payware airports are initially empty (that's what you need with PSXT)..

About percentages, what about if I add these 5 parameters to PPG (not in the GUI but in parameters.xml):

• DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_SMALL=75     // 0..100
  • DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_MEDIUM=50  // 0 .. 100
  • DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_LARGE=35    // 0 .. 100
  • BORDER_SMALL_MEDIUM=20               //  1 .. n parking positions, value included in SMALL
  • BORDER_MEDIUM_LARGE=100             //  2 .. n parking position,  value included in MEDIUM, condition: BORDER_MEDIUM_LARGE > BORDER_SMALL_MEDIUM

Then you can be in complete control over what percentage will be set initially in the airport file, and it does not complicate the GUI.

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

24 minutes ago, kiek said:

What about if I add these 5 parameters to PPG (not in the GUI but in parameters.xml):

• DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_SMALL=75     // 0..100
  • DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_MEDIUM=50  // 0 .. 100
  • DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_LARGE=35    // 0 .. 100
  • BORDER_SMALL_MEDIUM=20       // 0 .. 1000 parking positions
  • BORDER_MEDIUM_LARGE=100    // 0 .. 1000 parking position,  condition: BORDER_MEDIUM_LARGE > BORDER_SMALL_MEDIUM

Then you can be in complete control over what percentage will be set initially in the airport file, and it does not complicate the GUI.

Regards,

Nico

Niko

I think this would be a great way to introduce flexibility in number of parked aircraft.
This is exactly what I was envisioning.

best
mike

@mike They are available now in version 10.2, see Manual section 4.4 (at the end).

@draci: in your case,  just set these three default percentage parameters to 0.

EDIT: I've also uploaded PSXT 15.12 with an extra (first) datum in the apf: part of the status line: the number of parking positions. This comes in handy if you want to overrule the percentage in the GUI of PSXT. And installation_airports is generated with PPG 10.2.

Edited by kiek

On 8/16/2019 at 12:40 PM, mike stryczek said:
.. the parked aircraft loads on touchdown which for me often creates quite a strong starter in the most important and enjoyable moment of flight which is touchdown. I think shifting that moment of loading parked aircraft (in improvised not flight plan based operations) from moment of touchdown to maybe a few seconds past that will be more agreeable on my system.

At the moment the parking starts between 1 and 15 seconds after touch down. I can change that to the moment when the speed of your user aircraft is below 20 kts... What do you think?

Edited by kiek

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

At the moment the parking starts between 1 and 15 seconds after touch down. I can change that to the moment when the speed of your user aircraft is below 20 kts... What do you think?

Niko

that is very elegant alternative that would be my favorite, I am definitely for it,  let’s see what others say....
TH
mike

27 minutes ago, mike stryczek said:

that is very elegant alternative that would be my favorite, I am definitely for it,  let’s see what others say....

I would think that there are not that much people flying like you. Most of them already have a destination airport filled in, either by flight plan or manually in cruize.

I can always introduce a "hidden (not in the GUI)"  parameter with the decision speed (default 20).

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

I can always introduce a "hidden (not in the GUI)"  parameter with the decision speed (default 20).

rgr

If it is not to much trouble

best

mike

1 hour ago, mike stryczek said:

If it is not to much trouble

Verion 15.13 has it 🙂

Thanks for your good ideas!

Edited by kiek