Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

Better service vehicles

Hi guys, I am so jealous of people that have GSX because they have all kinds of cool service vehicles to use. I only spot AI planes and never fly myself. So I am wondering is there a program freeware or payware that gives us AI users more service vehicles or at least gives us better models. I am so tired of seeing the ugly empty baggage cart and push back vehicle. They look so sad next to those beautiful baggage carts and other service vehicles from GSX. I have heard that GSX will never be made to work with AI planes and I do have the REX wordwide airports which have some vehicles but I don't have it installed because it takes too much space on the computer. So any help would help, thanks

1 hour ago, bosflo said:

So any help would help, thanks

1. There's nothing to stop you getting GSX Level 2. Any quality payware or even freeware airport will come with SODE jetways which do hook up to AI.
    GSX only replaces jetways 'automatically' at default airports. (You can get GSX jetways at 3rd party airport sceneries, but you have to manually add them or download a config from the sharing area at FSDT's forums).

2. Umberto at FSDT has said that GSX jetways will work with AI at some point, but no time frame given.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/557797-fsdt-chicago-a-few-days-from-release/?do=findComment&comment=4042888

3. The developer Pilot's is working on 'Ground Service Ops'. No further information given, just check their 8th June video post on Facebook.

4. No equivalent freeware program exists (that I'm aware of).

5. No program exists (that I'm aware of) works on AI aircraft. Aircraft servicing happens only on the user aircraft.

6. Seems a waste to have Rex Worldwide Airports and not have it installed, especially if you are spotting at a default airport.
    Perhaps make some space for it or delete the files the program installs at airports that you know that you are never going to visit.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, bosflo said:

I only spot AI planes and never fly myself. 

I take it your kidding about just using P3D for spotting purposes considering the amount of addons you’ve purchased for it and that you used to fly, or at least you mentioned that you did.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No I only spot planes using super traffic board. With that program I can watch a plane from gate to gate, But I like to have realistic airports and scenery when I "fly" around the world. Having great addon airports  make the default service vehicles look out of place.

There were replacement vehicles from B. Renk, I believe. Can't seem to find any info, though.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Yeah, I bought that a long time ago too😀. It doesn't work for P3D V4 that I know of.