Sign in to follow this  
byork

[23 May 2021] V2.1 Released ! Change Log Here

I fully agree, can you just clarify what the ASDEX function actually is supposed to do? If set to NO, the transponder should stay in Stby right?

Going on memory, I think it goes to TARA if ASDEX is selected to Yes after you request the Start Clearance.

If you don't request the Start Clearance, this will be skipped (again, going on memory!).

Edited by byork

Would you mind to double check that, because I never use the start clearance. And for my understanding for ASDEX to work the transponder needs to be set to on. The TARA function is without any benefit on the ground anyway. So it doesn't make sense to toggle it on ground before lining up.

In my opinion the ASDEX option should deceide only if transponder on or off.

Hmmmmm, I'm hesitant to change ASDEX again.  I've changed it 10 times trying to make everyone happy 😉

If I change it again, then someone else will complain 🙂

I suggest manually setting up the transponder the way you want it.

Cheers,

Good morning Bryan

In my opinion it should be like this: if ASDEX is set to NO, then the transponder switch (top left switch off the tcas panel) stays in STBY, also the TA/RA switch stays in STBY.

When the user sets ASDEX to YES, then the Transponder switch goes to AUTO or ON and the TA/RA switch stays in STBY in the taxi flow.

That's the difference between Airbus and Boeing, with Boeing all Transponder and TA/RA are in one switch, plus it needs to be activated on the EFIS to be shown on the ND. 

Thank you.

In europe on nearlly most airports the controller want you to be squawk stby until you reached the runway and go back to stby after you left the landing runway.

I know in US often you leave transponder ON until you reach parking Position. 

But that's exactly what the ASDEX Option should be for. What is the config option ASDEX doing at the moment? What do you expect to be different between asdex off and on?