Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

What's Your Deal-breaker?

In no particular order:

Gamey flight dynamics, no helicopters, no 3rd party aircraft, subscription.

I am quite happy with what I have. 

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

I haven't directed anything at you personally. As far as "valid" goes, nothing is valid without facts. What we have is speculation and a good deal of it is negative. If not then why do we even have a topic called "deal breaker? That in itself has negative connotations. 

I'm not asking anyone to be a fan boy but the opposite isn't necessary either. I think we should wait and see what transpires before we form these opinions. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

For me, it must be a brand new sim build up from ground (with up to date database) en no subscription.

Best regards

Edited by starter

John Cramer

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

I haven't directed anything at you personally. As far as "valid" goes, nothing is valid without facts. What we have is speculation and a good deal of it is negative. If not then why do we even have a topic called "deal breaker? That in itself has negative connotations. 

I'm not asking anyone to be a word not allowed but the opposite isn't necessary either. I think we should wait and see what transpires before we form these opinions. 

I don’t see anything negative here !  The MS team is in the alpha or pre alpha stage,  it is the right time for us to draw lines  ! Waiting when it is too late would be totally useless  !

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Crappy performance would be the only possible deal breaker for me.

Same here. No point in buying it, if I can't land a plane at 30 fps or better, with the eye candy options turned all the way down.

I'm not too worried about that. I can run a AAA game like Assasin's Creed Odyssey at medium-high settings and good frame rates, and I'll be upgrading my GPU before the new MSFS reaches final release. If the new sim can't compete with current AAA games in frame rate at reduced graphics settings, it won't be a success. I think we can take decent performance for granted. Although, you might need a beast of a machine (or Xbox Scarlett) to run with the eye candy turned all the way up. 

So I'll buy it just to have an informed opinion. Whether it would ever become my main civilian flight simulator would depend on a bunch of other factors, like flight model, helicopters, etc. We're all going to have our own requirements and preferences for the long-term.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

13 minutes ago, nickhod said:

I'm not looking for negatives. No one is raising any flags. I haven't been more excited about a game since Half Life 2. I'm interested to know whether others have a particular feature they're holding out for. It's a perfectly valid point of conversation.

This is the second time you've said I shouldn't discuss a particular aspect of MSFS 2020 because "we don't know enough about it". No one knows anything about it at this point, save for a few clips and screenshots. 

If your suggestion is that no one should speculate on things that aren't known, why have this forum?

The basic premise of this thread is finding something negative that would stop you from going for the product.
Given that there was an entire forum closed (not a million miles away from this one) due to the negativity surrounding the release of Microsoft's previous flight sim venture, I can understand the reluctance of moderators to allow this type of speculation.

It's simple to whip up a lot of negativity on social media in just one post. And we all (should) know that context in the written form can be lost / misunderstood very easily.

I won't know what will stop me from buying the new FS until it's close to release / released. There are just too many variables at the moment.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 minutes ago, F737NG said:

The basic premise of this thread is finding something negative that would stop you from going for the product.

If you were head of sales / marketing for whatever studio is developing MSFS 2020 knowing people's "deal-breakers" would be a very positive thing.

If you ask people what they want they'll give you a shopping list.
If you ask them "what one thing would stop a sale" you'll get answers that are actionable.

It's a stretch to think that anything in these forums would affect what MSFS 2020 launches with, but you never know. They clearly are reading the posts here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What 'We don't want' is complementary to 'What we want'. It definitely provides additional information for MS. Much of this 'negativity' is found already in several post in the 'What we want' thread. This would be a better place for that.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

No VR = No Buy

Like - I'm totally dead serious.  I don't even Sim anymore after getting into XP 11 VR w/ Samsung Odyssey.  All that was missing was more resolution and I'd planned to get back into it with a Reverb this year --- and then literally right then the MSFS news dropped.

To me an all new platform with amazing performance is the IDEAL spot for VR to come in.

I really really hope MS has this in mind, particularly for their own WMR platform (and others hopefully also - not just WMR)

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Why don't you just wait a bit and then decide if it suits you or not. 

Is it alright with you if we talk about this?

Not every angle or topic need appeal to everyone..

I think it's important that MS, who appears to read here, get some sense of things that would make us hesitate in purchasing and/or what our expectations are.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

VR is a modern feature, MSFS is a modern flight sim. I see no reason why they wouldn't have VR support. They'd be crazy not to. That being said, if it wasn't there I'd still be insane not to get this sim. VR is great but it would be foolish to pass on what MS is doing here for that.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 minutes ago, Krakin said:

VR is a modern feature, MSFS is a modern flight sim. I see no reason why they wouldn't have VR support. They'd be crazy not to. That being said, if it wasn't there I'd still be insane not to get this sim. VR is great but it would be foolish to pass on what MS is doing here for that.

To each our own..

I just literally am not interested in a 2D sim experience anymore.

Perhaps it's because I fly in real life all the time, but I just am totally bored by non-VR sim now.  

I found it to be that good...that immersive....that engaging and compelling.

Obviously not all will agree - but I really want to make sure MS knows this type of opinion is out there about the desire for VR.

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 1

Surprised nobody said "no wingflex" 🤣

Maybe that's just an Aerosoft forums thing...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nickhod said:

What would cause you not to buy MSFS 2020, based on what you've seen so far?

A revamp ATC or nothing. I mean if they put in a 15 year old ATC forget it.

I'm also being very cautious, how many times have we seen game promotions with incredible graphics only to have be a total letdown. I'd like to see an "real" functioning demo first.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I'm also being very cautious, how many times have we seen game promotions with incredible graphics only to have be a total letdown. I'd like to see an "real" functioning demo first.

I'm very excited overall, and the graphics and what we are seeing and hearing is thrilling....but I totally agree with this sentiment.

I'd call myself "cautiously very excited"

Edited by irrics