Recommended Posts

My PSXT is running smootly, only one remark;  for some reason i no longer have TCAS indications.

tried it when approaching different airports, (or when climbing out-)  no TCAS indications, even at max dist.

At realtraffic site i can read that TCAS should work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

My PSXT is running smootly, only one remark;  for some reason i no longer have TCAS indications.

tried it when approaching different airports, (or when climbing out-)  no TCAS indications, even at max dist.

At realtraffic site i can read that TCAS should work....

If you have live traffic in PSXT, then that part is ok.

TCAS info is gathered by your user aircraft in your Flight Simulator by detecting AI aircraft.

Your TCAS problem is probably caused by forgetting to switch TFC on in your user aircraft ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

indeed could be TFC button...but... not familiar with this buttton, where can i find TCS button in airbus ? I understood somewhere close to range button on EFIS panel ?

Edited by Pluto7777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

indeed could be TFC button...but... not familiar with this buttton, where can i find TCS button in airbus ? I understood somewhere close to range button on EFIS panel ?

What about reading the Manual of your Airbus add-on? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiek, I just noticed another important  thing:  when stopping realtraffic and PSXT and then putting traffic slider in P3D to 100% then i can observe 3 to 5 other acft via TCAS indications, so in my opinion, nothing to do with manual reading. As said before; my TCAS is not able in detecting RT acft but it is 100% detecting P3D generated traffic.. in AS airbus and same with FSLabs airbus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In your first post your wrote:

"My PSXT is running smootly, only one remark;  for some reason i no longer have TCAS indications."

So I understand that it worked for you before in PSXT ... 

There is not much I can do about TCAS. PSXT injects ai aircraft in your Sim. If you have live aircraft > 0 in PSXT that part is ok. Then it is up to your Airbus to pick up the AI aircraft  (in range of course...) in your Sim for your TCAS.

I have no other complaints about TCAS not working, so I do not suspect PSXT at the moment.

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asked, and Dave (from Aerosoft) thanked me for this information : seems to be indeed that AS airbus (and FSL) are not detecting RT traffic, he confirmed the cause probably  is with RT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

Just asked, and Dave (from Aerosoft) thanked me for this information : seems to be indeed that AS airbus (and FSL) are not detecting RT traffic, he confirmed the cause probably  is with RT

Seems very unlikely to me.

An AI aircraft in Flight Simulator is an AI aircraft whether it has been generated by Flight Simulator itself or by an application as PSXT, UTL, Trafic Global, VATSIM/IVAO clients or what have you.
My CS 757 and PMDG B738 have AI aircraft at their TCAS, the weather program ActiveSky shows all AI aircrfat in his map, the application Little Navmap shows AI aircrfat...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

Just asked, and Dave (from Aerosoft) thanked me for this information : seems to be indeed that AS airbus (and FSL) are not detecting RT traffic, he confirmed the cause probably  is with RT

RT has nothing to do with it. It is PSXT that injects the traffic in your Simulator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried already different changes, nothing seems to help...as mentionned before, putting the traffic slider to 100% instantly brings acft alive on my TCAS but of course,  that is not the traffic we want to see, its just to confirm i've put buttons and switches for TCAS are in the right position. Other info: when approaching a busy airport, i can observe close PSXT traffic via de red labels appearing on my screen, so the PSXT traffic is detected and dispayed via the red labels, but not on TCAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

Tried already different changes, nothing seems to help...as mentionned before, putting the traffic slider to 100% instantly brings acft alive on my TCAS but of course,  that is not the traffic we want to see, its just to confirm i've put buttons and switches for TCAS are in the right position. Other info: when approaching a busy airport, i can observe close PSXT traffic via de red labels appearing on my screen, so the PSXT traffic is detected and dispayed via the red labels, but not on TCAS.

Maybe your TCAS range is not set at 40nm ..but a lot shorter since you so see red labels. Are you using FSUIPC? If so make sure that Limit TCAS range at the misc tab is set to the same value as your Lateral range in PSXT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niko your help was super - The TCAS range in FSUIPC was default (0=unl), but this must be 40Nm as in PSXT, now TCAS is working !  (satisfied !   donation on its way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pluto7777 said:

Niko your help was super - The TCAS range in FSUIPC was default (0=unl), but this must be 40Nm as in PSXT, now TCAS is working !  (satisfied !   donation on its way)

🙂 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.