Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

Addon Paint Schemes ver 4.2x onwards

Apologies if I've missed something, but am I right in thinking that now with ver 4.2a installed, I cannot use any of the nice add-on paint schemes that I had with ver 4.1 and earlier?  Mr WickedBacon said (I think) that with 4.2 a new paint kit would be needed, or something (I'm not a painter).  I can thus only choose from the default FSW-supplied paint schemes - yes?

Ariel

17 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Apologies if I've missed something, but am I right in thinking that now with ver 4.2a installed, I cannot use any of the nice add-on paint schemes that I had with ver 4.1 and earlier?  Mr WickedBacon said (I think) that with 4.2 a new paint kit would be needed, or something (I'm not a painter).  I can thus only choose from the default FSW-supplied paint schemes - yes?

Ariel

Hi Ariel,

That’s my understanding... I haven’t downloaded or looked at the updates yet...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I am using them in P3D4.5 without issues, PBR is working. Only the texture size of the old ones is 2K, versus 4K in the new paintkit, but that's not overly recognizable.

Just make sure you only use the textures for wings.dds fuselage.dds and tail.dds (three files), as any interior textures won't fit the new VC model and will cause an "interesting" look. Don't ask how I found out. 😉

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

1 hour ago, MatzeH84 said:

I am using them in P3D4.5 without issues, PBR is working. Only the texture size of the old ones is 2K, versus 4K in the new paintkit, but that's not overly recognizable.

Just make sure you only use the textures for wings.dds fuselage.dds and tail.dds (three files), as any interior textures won't fit the new VC model and will cause an "interesting" look. Don't ask how I found out. 😉

Older paints will not look correct, but will work. The paint kit has a complete new set of rivets, wear, etc, etc. Old paints have the old rivets, which will not line up by any means.

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

True, what I meant was it looks quite allright with nothing displaced or all over the place.

Example of our little VA cargo hopper.. not too bad IMO, and yes, of course native new liveries even look better!

36498739rl.jpg

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Right, thanks.  So I can use them and they will look about right, along with reflections.  But if you look too closely they do have small glitches and won't be up to Mr NaughtyPork's high standards (thanks again WB).

I do hope the Painters out there will re-work their textures in the new Paint Kit, if it is available.  When I looked yesterday the Paint Kit on the FSW site still looked like the old one, I think.

• Like 1