Sign in to follow this  
paj

Duplicate layer numbers

Hi,

I'm using 1.43 b12 with auto layer numbering and strict package law enabled.

After Orbx Central 4 messed up my scenery library I now have it mostly back in order thanks to P4AO.

There are only a few sceneries still out of place. But I can't reliably move them to precisely where I want as they jostle other sceneries drastically out of position. I believe this is due to numerous duplicate layer numbers in my scenery library (despite auto numbering being enabled).

I noted your advice to another user in a previous thread where you suggested moving a duplicate scenery layer up/down so that the auto numbering should correct itself. Unfortunately, the layer numbers are not resequencing when I try this. This problem is most prevalent at the bottom of my scenery library.

Scenery Export: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fntf8idaaea008v/SceneryExport.html?dl=0

Config Backup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5vc74bhtec131m/Addon_Configuration_Backup_P3DV4_20190817174648.zip?dl=0

Edited by paj

4 hours ago, paj said:

This problem is most prevalent at the bottom of my scenery library.

There seem to be almost 50 entries down there - could those be base layer entries from ORBX? Is "Strict Package Law" turned on or off in P4AO?

Still, I am not sure why they wouldn't be re-layered, there is nothing obvious to stop them (unless the files containing those layers aren't accessible?). And I suppose that just starting Central again will mess up your layers too.

Can you please try exporting a full scenery.cfg, using the button on the "Tools" tab? Maybe that will yield better information.

And please consider sending me an email. A special debug version of P4AO may be required. Address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

I seem to have solved my problem with layers not auto-renumbering. I believe the trick was to first ensure all scenery entries were active. I think trying to reorder my library whilst some areas were deactivated confused the renumbering algorithm?

Some other observations from 1.43 b12:

• If I use "Activate all groups" then all the selected XML entries activate, but NOT the selected scenery.cfg entries. I have to manually activate the scenery.cfg entries in the Scenery tab
  • The Export Scenery function is producing an html listing which incorrectly shows deactivated/red addon.xml scenery layers as green/active. (Deactivated scenery.cfg layers are listed correctly.)
  • I've also occasionally experienced weird behavior when trying to move an entry in the Scenery Library using the up/down buttons. Instead of moving the node one position at a time it may instead jump to a totally different part of the Scenery Library: expanding the node reveals its layer number is far out of range of its new adjacent scenery entries. If I click Save then P4AO seems to perform a visual refresh of the library which will then display the rogue layer correctly positioned within the Library. Initially I thought this behaviour was due to my duplicate layer numbers but I’ve seen it occur since I’ve managed to resequence my Library. 

Cheers,
Peter.

Edited by paj

Hello Peter,

I've fixed the first two, but I am not sure about that last one - I have never seen it happen. I would need more information about how exactly that issue manifests itself, so I can reproduce it.

Do you have "strict package law" on or off?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvgdegd4lmg35vh/AddonOrganizer_1_43_b13.zip?dl=0

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks for b13.... I’ll be able to give it a test tomorrow.

Cheers,

Peter

2 minutes ago, paj said:

Yes - strict package law is On

OK. 

Just to explain how it works: Without package law, disabled add-on.xml entries normally don't have a layer (they don't even exist), and are ignored by the renumbering, so they don't disturb the scenery.cfg by leaving gaps. The scenery.cfg doesn't like that. I need to rethink this while keeping the package law thing in mind. It may be better to completely remove them from the list, not sure.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

I've encountered a number of problems with b13.

The issue with scenery.cfg entries not activating is partially resolved (it works in some groups and not others) and new userinterface issues have appeared that cause groups to expand even though their "+" button was not clicked.

I'll try and describe these issues in more detail in a followup post to this one.