Sign in to follow this  
ual763

What Generation XBox is MSFS For?

Just curious what XBox this will be releasing for?  XBox One, Or is there another XBox coming out soon?

I think conventional wisdom is that it'll mainly be for the upcoming Project Scarlett machine, which will be a powerhouse.

I'm not sure how well it would run on current XB's - but maybe?

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 1

Awesome thanks for the answer!  I’m a Playstation guy myself, but may have to switch to XBox just for this.  Of course, I will get it on PC too.  But I would also enjoy nothing more than just laying on the couch in the evening and exploring the World.  

Scarlett will be a gamebreaker... four times the horsepower of Xbox One X. This will change the narrative of console gaming for sure.

The original xbox.com announcement page says "Coming to XBox One and Windows 10." So it looks like it will have legacy support for the current system.

You'll want the new Xbox Scarlett coming in late 2020 to get closer to what they're showing in the trailer. I can't imagine that running on the current console.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

4 minutes ago, rjetster1 said:

Scarlett will be a gamebreaker... four times the horsepower of Xbox One X. This will change the narrative of console gaming for sure.

... and the death of the PC as a game machine?

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Just now, roarkr said:

Haha it always makes me laugh. Go Back 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, and people were always calling this. Wrong every time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, roarkr said:

No, because the hardware performance of each console generation is locked in amber at the time of release, for 5 years or so. Meanwhile the PC hardware continues to improve.

It's just going to cost 'ya to keep up. 😀 

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I’m keeping an open mind about the Xbox.

It is possible for performance to get over a certain point where a large majority of people won’t want or need a PC for gaming anymore. 

I suppose the console advocates would say we are already there, but of course flight simulation hasn’t gotten there yet. It is possible though, especially with MS making FS again.  

They have a lot of reasons to want the Xbox to be the only thing you need for this platform now. 

• Upvote 1

MSFS will be the launch game for XBOX Scarlett. It is certain as 1+1 = 2.

Oops, did I say too much now.

• Like 1

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

The flagship product on the new XBOX will be Halo it will likely outsell FS 5 times over. 

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, roarkr said:

MSFS will be the launch game for XBOX Scarlett. It is certain as 1+1 = 2.

I'd be very surprised if it made Scarlett's launch.  MS has said PC first followed by the new Xbox at a later date.  I've a gut feeling the new consoles will be out for Christmas 2020, and I've a hunch FS2020 will be out sometime around there for the PC too, so I'd wager we'll see FS2020 released for Xbox Scarlett sometime in spring 2021. Especially since Halo is confirmed to already be launching with Scarlett.

So soon after Scarlett's launch, but not day one is my belief.  If they do make it for Scarlett's launch then my jaw would hit the floor in amazement.

Edited by Mengy
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mengy said:

MS has said PC first followed by the new Xbox at a later date.

From one of the interviews with Phil Spencer I seem to recall he said something along the lines of 'we'll figure out a way to get it to the Xbox' which seems it's not just coming first for PC but that it's actually focused primarily on PC. Just my memory here, though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD