Sign in to follow this  
XsimHomeCockpit

Aircraft known to be in MFS2020

Couldn’t find a list of known aircraft in the new MFS2020. I have seen:

A320-200NEO

DA-40

extra 300

But what else has been shown in previews? I know the official statement from Microsoft was there would be widebody and narrow body aircraft in addition to GA aircraft. Would they make both Boeing and airbus models?

Also, realistically how soon can third party developers begin working on new aircraft for MFS2020? Would Microsoft give the major developers what they need to know in advance so they can have products ready to go around the time of the sims release? Or would the third party developers need to wait until release to even begin designing aircraft?

• Like 1

Nothing has been released yet. I am also looking forward to the list of default aircraft.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I haven't seen a DA-40 yet in the pics or trailer?

From what media we have seen, it seems like the following are very likely to be in the sim at release"

• Airbus A320
  • Diamondstar DA-62
  • Cessna C208
  • Piper Super Cub PA-18 (or maybe a Carbon Cub?)
  • Socata TBM900
  • Icon A5
  • Bonanza G36 (?)
  • Robin DR400
  • Mudry CAP 10? (I think that is the stunt plane in the trailer)
Edited by Mengy

All aircraft seen in the trailer:

Airbus A320neo
Boeing 747 (looks like the -8i variant, parked at some of the gates at LAX)
Beechcraft G36
Cessna 172 Skyhawk (with G1000)
Cessna 208 Grand Caravan EX (with G1000)
CubCrafters XCub
Daher TBM 930
Diamond DA40
Diamond DA62
Icon A5
Mudry CAP 10
Robin DR-400

Edited by HughesMDflyer4
  • Upvote 1

Brandon Filer

I'm thinking that there should be a great choice of default aircraft, considering MSFSX had a nice, wide selection. If MS thinks they are building from the history of MS flight sim, then there should be a nice variety of default aircraft to choose from.

Who Knows, wait and see is all we can do, right, ??

Mike.    

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

The "traditional" approach to the default aircraft over the years would be to hit a few bases:

• Glider
  • Helicopter
  • Single engine piston trainer (some version of a Cessna, like a 172)
  • Single engine high performance piston aerobatic, like a Pitts Special
  • Twin piston, like a Baron
  • Turboprop single
  • Turboprop twin, anything from a bush Twin Otter to a Beech King Air to a regional airliner
  • Vintage radial engine (DC-3 is the standard, but it could be a DHC-2 Beaver)
  • Modern jet airliner, Boeing or Airbus, doesn't need to be both.
  • A military fast mover, these days an F-22 or F-35

I'm not talking detailed models here, just the default selection that may not be deeply modeled but at least show off the base level flight sim. It's interesting to compare that list with what they've shown so far. Also interesting to compare with the other civilian sims. 

Aerofly FS2 has a pretty good selection, not deeply modeled but enough to try out: https://www.aerofly.com/features/aircraft/

XP11's default fleet has a glider, a medium twin helicopter (S-76), a Cessna trainer, a twin piston (Baron), a twin turboprop (King Air C90). small jet (Cirrus Vision), and Boeing 737-800 and McDonnell Douglas MD-80 for the heavies. None of that is deeply modeled except for maybe the C172, and there are no vintage radials or military fast movers. But it covers a lot of ground so you can evaluate the sim. 

There's a lot missing from what MS is showing so far, but I understand why they'd want to focus on a few core plane models in the initial previews. It's encouraging to me that they're showing a turboprop with the TBM 900, so we can see what they're doing with that engine model.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

There's a lot missing from what MS is showing so far...

I'm already very happy with the airplanes we presently know that are included 🙂  (I don't need any military fast movers. That's DCS territory IMO).

Edited by FDEdev

I would love to see the antonov an2 but i guess thats very unlikely. But it would bea great plane. Easy enough that Beginners van learn a start up Routine. 

I would love to finally have the A400-M, C-130, C-160 transall or maybe A380!

Although aircraft like the A400 would be nice, multi crew aircraft can't be operated in a realistic way since 99% of the users are flying alone.

Any bizjet that is certified for single pilot ops IRL would be really great 🙂 

Edited by FDEdev

51 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I would love to finally have the A400-M, C-130, C-160 transall or maybe A380!

Yep a A400 or a C130 would be much welcome but I'd  rather have them made a 3rd party with CP and FE à la A2A  COTS.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Jazznow said:

I would love to see the antonov an2 but i guess thats very unlikely. But it would bea great plane. Easy enough that Beginners van learn a start up Routine. 

Well the An2 startup is not exactlty a run-of-the-mill routine 😉. The only aircraft  I know close to it would be the P40.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam