Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Switching sims again (sigh)...

The trouble with three sims is having so many screenshot opportunities.   Especially when flying out of Napa California and out and over Nevada's stark yet beautiful basin and range scenery....

John

sLHydxB.jpg
TgCm3HS.jpg
BBfjuyz.jpg
AuYvXC0.jpg
4rj6Jyh.jpg
KuRyXIk.jpg
IZf0q0l.jpg
2ijJVum.jpg
k9ti01J.jpg
BSeG2sf.jpg
OlbJ21b.jpg
YowdB9w.jpg
6lBS7VL.jpg
PImRSHV.jpg
TdvOuAQ.jpg
dFrLjKi.jpg
rmirRyV.jpg
YBpyDzO.jpg
PA8pAMr.jpg
4RoHY59.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful shots! My prize winner is the 'window' shot. Very artistic! Thank you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Looks like a little MSE action and Carenado FA50 ... I bought the FA50 for both P3D and XP11.  TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 can really bring the MSE scenery to life and great FPS to go with.

Love the snap of KCCR, I'm working on that one ...

Cheers, Rob.

It was actually the Flysimware F50, I like it better than the Carenado bird, easier to program the autopilot.....  I like my texture resolution as is, for me it gives me a more faithful representation of scenery sharpness on most flights I have taken, which number about 300 or so to date over my career and life as an international tourist as well, plus my real life flying as a light sport and trike student.

John

Looking at these screens I think you should definitely switch back to X-Plane.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

7 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Looking at these screens I think you should definitely switch back to X-Plane.

I like X-Plane 11, P3DV4, and AeroflyFS2 in that order, but I still like them all, because my add-on aircraft generally do not overlap in those sims, except for the Duchess which I have both in X-Plane 11 and Aerofly FS2, I like the entry level T-Tail twin piston aircraft, I have the Seminole for P3DV4.

What I like the most about X-Plane 11 is the way it records your flights without asking, seamlessly and in the background, and if you have a good flight where you have a greaser landing, like I almost always do when simming, you can save it at your whim.  P3D has a record/playback feature which you can save, but their recordings are more stuttery, they do not capture state data well.  Finally, Aerofly FS2 records about the last 45 minutes of flight, but there is no way to save the recording other than video capture. 

That is why I like the sims in the order I do, and per your suggestion, off to X-Plane 11!

JC

• Upvote 1