Sign in to follow this  
schepma

Confused - suddenly frequent CTD with Real Traffic

That is much better.  Now run PSXT and make sure the liveries parameter is pointing to ..\AILGenerator\liveries.

[Due to the fact that you have installed P3D in C:\Program Files (you better don't do that...) , AILG could not make a copy from aircrfaft.cfg to aircraftt0.cfg. That's why you got problems in runnig AILG and ended up with only 2 liveries. I belive I've fixed that in AILG, so if you download and install AILG v5.0 again you can use the repair aircraft.cfg again although it will not make copies...]

Edited by kiek

59 minutes ago, axel737 said:

ok but i already installed it, so install it again ?

Yes.

donwloaded AIL generator again, tried with repair cfg and back to 2 aircraft. without the box ticked it has 2486 liveries.

so it will never adjust another fault then ?

16 hours ago, axel737 said:

donwloaded AIL generator again, tried with repair cfg and back to 2 aircraft. without the box ticked it has 2486 liveries.

so it will never adjust another fault then ?

Then the two solutions are:

- install FLAi aircraft in a separate folder outside P3D (and activate it via the add-on.xml mehod)

or

- install P3D outside C:\Program Files\  e.g D:\Program Files or C:\Prepar3D v4 and add FLAi, either default in SimObject\Airplanes or (preferably) as described in the previous bullet

Edited by kiek

15 minutes ago, axel737 said:

That addon xml method is that explained some where in how to do that

I assume you  can find that at P3Ds site; search their forum please.

Axel, have you changed something in FLAi so that you wanted to create a new list of assignments? Or why did you run the AILG generator?

it seems you scanned the whole P3D folder because there are complex payware models as AI livery in your file now. This can reduce performance and memory as these models are far more detailed than optimized AI aircraft. 

I have kept FLAi (and also the new AIG-AI folder) totally separate from P3D. There’s an excellent tool by LORBY_SI with helps to selectively add or remove AddOns like FLAi or AIG from P3D. 

Best regards,

dirk 

Dirk Schepmann
Münster, Germany (EDDG)

Flight simulation enthusiast since 1993
Favorite Aircraft: PMDG 747-400 QoTS II, PMDG 777, FSLabs A320, Majestic Dash Q400 and Aerowinx PSX

Here as example my add-on.xml file for my FLAi that was installed outside P3D at drive E:

Create a file named add-on.xml with the following content (with your paths of course)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>FLAi</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>AI aircraft</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>E:\FLAi\Simobjects\Airplanes</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>E:\FLAi\Texture</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>E:\FLAi\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Place the add-on.xml file in a folder called, for instance, AI_FLAI.

Place the AI_FLAI folder in the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder in your Documents

(You can activate/deactivate your FLAi aircraft by adding/removing the AI_FLAI folder from Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, or use Lorby's tool)

In AILGenerator you simply use E:\FLAi as path.

Edited by kiek

@ Dirk : i did run the AILG generator, as niko asked this to do because of the crashes of P3D.

the FLAI models are in P3D the simobjects airplanes folder.

can i delete these FLAI models and re-download them on another place outside P3D ?

26 minutes ago, axel737 said:

the FLAI models are in P3D the simobjects airplanes folder.

can i delete these FLAI models and re-download them on another place outside P3D ?

Uninstall FLAi with their uninstaller, so not just delete files...

Then do a Manual download of the FLAi package and unzip outside P3D.

Then make the add-on.xml file as described above (note I had mis-spelled add-on.xml, now corrected)

Edited by kiek

56 minutes ago, axel737 said:

ok so i can put the FLAI at C/FLAI folder or C/Program files/FLAI folder ?

C:\FLAi is ok, C:\Program Files\FLAI not! (it is not a program is it?)

Don't you have a D:\ or E:\ drive? That would be even better. Normally one uses the C:\ drive for the OS only. That makes it easier to make a disk image and restore the OS in cae of problems.

Edited by kiek

In the FLAi Manager you can define a directory for the files (there is an icon for settings). If you re-download everything, the manager will do everything:

- download all liveries

- place them in the folder which you specfied

- create an XML to integrate it correctly in the sim.

if you don’t have a second disk or partition, I‘d recommend C:\FLAi. Just avoid P3D and the Program files (Programme or Programme (X86)) as Nico said. P3D should also be outside of the programs folders, it only causes trouble with Windows 10 paranoid security settings. 

Good luck,

Dirk

Dirk Schepmann
Münster, Germany (EDDG)

Flight simulation enthusiast since 1993
Favorite Aircraft: PMDG 747-400 QoTS II, PMDG 777, FSLabs A320, Majestic Dash Q400 and Aerowinx PSX

ok perfect thanks, i als need to manually remove the FLAI from the simobject folder as they don't have an uninstallation button to do this.